can you remove the back glass from a ranger?

Guest 99fordranger

Guest 99fordranger

I just got a 99 ranger and I have tinted trucks before. I know how to remove the side windows to tint them, but I dont know exactly how to remove te rear glass. I had a 95 nissan before and I just removed the back glass and tinted it. Does anyone know how to remove the back glass on a 99 ranger? :rollin

peel back the plastic trim from the inside and there should be about 11 7mm nuts and then you just pull it out. it is held in with a little butyl tape, so you either need to put new stuff on or try to save the old. if you have none. save up the goo stuff and run it along the top of the window when you put it back in so it doesnt leak.

peel back the plastic trim from the inside and there should be about 11 7mm nuts and then you just pull it out.  it is held in with a little butyl tape, so you either need to put new stuff on or try to save the old.  if you have none.  save up the goo stuff and run it along the top of the window when you put it back in so it doesnt leak.

[*]366407

:rollin

peel back the plastic trim from the inside and there should be about 11 7mm nuts and then you just pull it out.  it is held in with a little butyl tape, so you either need to put new stuff on or try to save the old.  if you have none.  save up the goo stuff and run it along the top of the window when you put it back in so it doesnt leak.

[*]366407

What he said.

BUT, Be careful when you start pulling against that butyl, if you put it too much of a bind, it WILL SHATTER. :rollin

I've had one blow out right next to my head. I'm a firm believer in safety glasses and gloves when doing glass removal.

Guest 99fordranger
Why do you need to remove the back glass on a pickup to tint it?  :angel

[*]366404

I like to be able to set it on a table and tint it. I h@te to have to cut and apply on it while its in

Guest Beeline
I just got a 99 ranger and I have tinted trucks before.  I know how to remove the side windows to tint them, but I dont know exactly how to remove te rear glass. I had a 95 nissan before and I just removed the back glass and tinted it. Does anyone know how to remove the back glass on a 99 ranger? :lol2

[*]366399

why would you make a 30 minute job so hard :lol

honestly its easier while its in the car. just make sure you cut the tint really close for that one. if you insist on tinting it out, when you apply the tint to the glass make sure you have it propped up so the water runs down to the bottom, otherwise all the water will just swim around the window because there is plastic trim closely around the glass.

Archived