t top tint %

Guest BackinBlack02SS

Guest BackinBlack02SS

I have a 2002 Camaro SS, and would like to tint both side windows and rear window. I would like to match the new tint with the factory t top tint. Does anyone know what % and type of tint would be the best match?

Guest BackinBlack02SS
Where are you located?

Most factory tint is 20% visual light transmittance which isn't legal or safe for front side glass.

Depending on where you live, 20% or darker is legal for your rear window.

[*]371736

I'm located in the Richmond, VA area, but to be honest, legality is not a huge concern.

Well, I'm afraid we wont be of much help to you here then.

Please keep in mind that if you get into an accident, whether it is your fault or not, insurance companies will not honor your policy if your front glass is tinted !llegally, not to mention the hazard you will pose to other drivers and pedestrians.

Good luck.

Well, I'm afraid we wont be of much help to you here then.

Please keep in mind that if you get into an accident, whether it is your fault or not, insurance companies will not honor your policy if your front glass is tinted !llegally, not to mention the hazard you will pose to other drivers and pedestrians.

Good luck.

[*]371743

unfortunately most never listen.

Where are you located?

Most factory tint is 20% visual light transmittance which isn't legal or safe for front side glass.

Depending on where you live, 20% or darker is legal for your rear window.

[*]371736

I'm located in the Richmond, VA area, but to be honest, legality is not a huge concern.

[*]371738

Do you have goldteeth and drive around with your headrest monitors on, even if there is nobody

in teh back seat :bingo

Guest BackinBlack02SS

I appreciate the responses, even though my original question has not been answered. I find it hard to believe that nobody here has "!llegally" tinted any windows before. Hell, I don't know anyone who has done it legally, as IMO it would be a waste to go that light and would probably look weird having different % all over the vehicle. I would really appreciate it if someone would share their knowledge with me if you know what the factory t top % is.

Guest BackinBlack02SS
I appreciate the responses, even though my original question has not been answered.  I find it hard to believe that nobody here has "!llegally" tinted any windows before.  Hell, I don't know anyone who has done it legally, as IMO it would be a waste to go that light and would probably look weird having different % all over the vehicle.  I would really appreciate it if someone would share their knowledge with me if you know what the factory t top % is.

[*]372595

Also, what brand would be the best match.

Archived