Guest TintPoser

This stuff is awesome. I am trying hard to get someone to bite on it. I can only imagine that the install is very tough. The price per square foot is pretty cheap. Like most specialty films, installation is critical, therefore there is a premium. I can't imagine anyone paying $25 a foot, but I never thought I would get 18 a foot on frost either.

From the marketing end.. You would probably need to find a company that specializes in commercial store front display designs.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Poser,

Have you seen the 2 samples on the A4 size sheet of clear plastic that Madico supplies for its promotional material?

It's real "wow" factor and gets people who have never seen it before hot in the pants. :dunno

Some suggestions for this film are on shopfronts where it creates a centre of attraction because with one view it can't be seen through then move a little and presto.... miraculously the display becomes clear.

For those who haven't seen it, the first sample is clear when viewed straight on with the transluncency to the left and right hand sides. The other is the exact opposite.

Does anyone know how much it is offered for from USA distributors? One is dearer than the other by quite a bit I'm told.

Devil

Guest TintPoser

Yeah, I have 2 samples on 8X12 panes. I finaly got a price for this stuff.... very expensive ($18-$25). I would probably have to charge $25-$31 out of fear of messing up the install. I did have an idea I am going to try out at my house using this stuff in the kitchen. I would only need about 10 1.5 X 2 foot squares. I am curious to see how this stuff cuts on a plotter.

Guest TintPoser

if it wasn't so damn expensive. I was thinking about using it on my truck topper windows, or cutting some shapes and sticking them where I would use decolite. Thought it would look kind of cool for an etched border on a door or for a name plate on an office door.

Archived