Glueing the Dot Matrix

Guest CloudWalker

Guest CloudWalker

When you tint the back glass then you peel the film back to let it dry before you put the childrens glue on the dots. I know the idea is to peel the film back just to where the dots end. Well when I do this, because the glass is curved you peel the film all the way to the end of the dots without exposing some of the glass, and when the glass dries and you put the film back there are air bubbles now. Whats the best way to do this?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest CloudWalker

Yes o wise one but what I'm saying is when you pull the film back off the dots you can't get the film pulled off the dots to get the glue right to the edge of the dots because the dots are curved with the glass, its not straight. Say if I pull the film back to the edge of the dots on both sides the middle of the dots will still be covered like 1inch to 1 1/2inch with film. Now do it the other way pull the film to edge of the dots in the middle the film will be peeled off the dots AND 1inch to 1 1/2inch off the glass because of the curve in the glass. Hence where the air comes in. I would like to think I'm just not explaining this well enough which is why only Ot has responded which is big trouble. I guess I'll figure it out sooner or later.

your right cloud, I read this the first time and didnt have clue at what you were talking about. but your doing it right just pull down the film to where the dots meet in the middle no matter if the glass is exposed on the sides and squirt your glue as close to where the film and glass are meeting and sqeegee. should eliminate your air bubbles. this is the way I do'em and never had a problem yet.

Guest CloudWalker

Ok exactly MT where the glass is exposed on the sides when I put the film back down I get air bubles. I'll keep on tryin thankx.

Guest Zrok

cloudwalker, all you gotta do is where the film has come down below the dots into the glass, make sure you get a small bit of glue down in there as well. I don't push all the film up then card the glue, what I do is lay the glue where the film and glass meet, then in the MIDDLE, I card up a few inches, then move to the left a half swipe, and card up a few inches, then etc. going across the whole window a little at a time to ensure even coverage with the glue. doing it this way makes the glue go farther, and should help you eliminate the air bubble problem you're coming across. hope this helps, when all else fails, DRINK MORE BEER. :)

Guest Zrok

I'm using some 99 cent kids glue...it's in a long and kinda skinny tube, its clear and there's this little 'deodorant sponge' thing on the end of it, I use the 'cone shaped' top from a 'tranny fluid' bottle on the top of it to apply, and bondo spreader to spread around, and paper towels to 'sop' up the excess...works like a champ. :beach

Archived