Glueing the Dot Matrix

Guest CloudWalker

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest CloudWalker

Hey gus Yea I apply film hard squeegee then I have been pulling the film back, like you said, let it hang and dry completely and close the doors while I do something else. I just figured out after I posted this and read some replies that you don't let it dry right? The next car I did I just pulled it back all the way off the dots and immediately applied the glue then I even, to be sure, sprayed the glass where the film had been pulled back just a little then hard carded the water out to the sides to keep it from washing the glue away and it worked alot better than the way I have seen, but I think there is a better way I just haven't got it down to a science yet.

Guest tintsem

OK, now that I'm totally confused. Which is better or easier vinyl or glue? I use vinyl now seems to be fast I have templates for each car so it makes it pretty easy, but what about the glue how well does it work and which type of glue would I use? I'm sure this has been gone over a hundred times,but hell what else do we have to do :thumb

Guest SQUEEGEE

If I had to put a unit of measure on how much glue I'd say about a tablespoon.

Have to have application method that allows you to put a fine bead of glue between the film (when it's pulled back) and the glass.

I glue pen like that can easily allow you to do about 7 cars easily.

Archived