Mississippi Tint Laws

Guest tintman72

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest k2283944

Does anyone know where I can get an inspection sticker for my camaro? I got my windows tinted to 20% back in 2004 and the tint shop put a sticker on my windshield that says DHP/MHP Approved LLUMAR VLT+35% VLR -25%. And I was told when it was put on that as long as I had that sticker on my windshield that it would be legal. However when I tried to get an inspection sticker to day I was told that a sticker had to be on every tinted window. Whats up with that?? Thanks for any replies.

Kyle

Guest Key West
It does not matter what it is called. If the glass on the windows is not clear, then the glass is tinted.

It stops heat, sun, and gives more privacy.

Well........................2 out of 3 aint bad!!

Guest h0wld0g
The govenor of Mississippi will be signing the bill to change the newly amended law back to its original form on Monday March 28th. This should bring back the lost business due to the 35% net scare throughout the state.

Many thanks to the shop owner from McCombs, MS for his tireless effort to get the law changed back to normal. It was a long process but for once the public prevails.

In regards to that initial statement, im not the owner of that shop but I worked there for 3 years and it was a tireless effort for Victor and all of us here in McComb. In my opinion the tint law still isn't 100% satisfactory there are still some glitches as far as the meter. I dont know if ya'll have the same problem but we argued to have the law lowered to 28% so we could apply a 35% film and the meter would read 28%. Although it was changed some inspection sticker stations are too stubborn to read the meter instructions that there is a 2-3 percent tolerance for every read so sometimes the 35% film would read 26% or 27% and they would not be allowed to get an inspection. The meter is so inaccurate you could meter one spot on the glass and get 25% and move it half and inch over and re-meter it and get 29%. I dont work at Victors any more, but what I do just to be safe I apply a 38% film and im done with it no worries.

Archived