Mississippi Tint Laws

Guest tintman72

Guest tintman72

The govenor of Mississippi will be signing the bill to change the newly amended law back to its original form on Monday March 28th. This should bring back the lost business due to the 35% net scare throughout the state.

Many thanks to the shop owner from McCombs, MS for his tireless effort to get the law changed back to normal. It was a long process but for once the public prevails. :spit

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The govenor of Mississippi will be signing the bill to change the newly amended law back to its original form on Monday March 28th.  This should bring back the lost business due to the 35% net scare throughout the state.

Many thanks to the shop owner from McCombs, MS for his tireless effort to get the law changed back to normal.  It was a long process but for once the public prevails. :bingo

[*]385331

Right on! This forum could really be a force to be reckoned with in the arena of the law but???????????????.. to much politics and no fun make a dull forum!! !!!! Congratulations!!!!!!

:inot :inot :inot

Guest zamac_man

28% is the new law, imo is still not dark enough. If you can buy a vechile with darker tint, all vechiles should be able to have darker tint, not just suvs, trucks and vans.

Guest S and S

The "tint" on vehicles is NOT TINT FOR THE LAST FREAKING TIME!!! It is privacy glass....if you dont know what your talking about then dont speak!!

Guest zamac_man
The "tint" on vehicles is NOT TINT FOR THE LAST FREAKING TIME!!! It is privacy glass....if you dont know what your talking about then dont speak!!

[*]386232

It does not matter what it is called. If the glass on the windows is not clear, then the glass is tinted.

The "privacy glass" seems to do the same thing tint does. It stops heat, sun, and gives more privacy.

On my f250 you can not tell the difference between the back windows which have "privacy glass" or the front windows which have "tint" on them. Unless you put them down, then you can see the front have a little space of clear at the top.

Guest zolar
The govenor of Mississippi will be signing the bill to change the newly amended law back to its original form on Monday March 28th.  This should bring back the lost business due to the 35% net scare throughout the state.

Many thanks to the shop owner from McCombs, MS for his tireless effort to get the law changed back to normal.  It was a long process but for once the public prevails. :wtf

[*]385331

If a shop owner has got legislation passed

my hat is off to them :dunno

too many special interest groups in the tint law decisions

and not enough tint shops, and film Co.s

..............and zmac

28% is more than most states, I can't imagine trying to do this in a 70% on the fronts state :lol2

[

The "privacy glass" seems to do the same thing tint does. It stops heat, sun, and gives more privacy.

yes it will give privacy and yes it will shade the sun, but however. It DOES NOT offer the same protection as window film. Factory darkened glass absorbs heat this you are right on. What the statement misleads you to beleive. Is that it stops heat from entering your vehicle. While yes it does do that for a limited time. maybe an hr or so. It will actualy make your car hotter ofter some time in the sun.

Because all it does is absorbs the heat. Like a sponge glass can only absorb so much heat. Before it has to begin to release it somehwere. It is not going to swend it back out to the intial source. Because unlike window film it does not reflect heat . It will ulitmatley push the heat into the cab of the vehicle. Also because it is dark in color it attracts more heat then clear glass.

After market window film on the other hand absorbs and reflects heat. Allowing it to make the car cooler and cut down on gas money. By allowing your ac unit to work less often.

Not trying to correct you to make you look foolish. This is just a common misconception amongst window film consumers. Only informing you of the difference of the darkened glass, and the tinted glass( yes if it is not clear it is tinted I agree with you on that. Just a term we use for aftermarket film ) So that next time you have your vehicle tinted you can be knowlegeble on the facts of factory glass and after market film, and posibble save some money on gas in the long run

Guest zamac_man

I always knew that it was not film on the windows but I thought it did the same thing. I am not a pro at tinting or anything

I am happy it is down to 28%, but if I am reading this right people with trucks, vans or suvs can have darker behind the driver. If they can, cars should be able to imo

Guest Key West

Any time you change somethings color or darkness, it's tinted. By whatever method, be it dying the glass, allpying polyester, etc.

Archived