Mississippi Tint Laws

Guest tintman72

Guest h0wld0g

sorry I didnt mean to come across that the law was changing again I think it'll be staying at 28% I was just suggesting in my opinion that it wasnt yet 100% satisfactory and stated some wishes of more improvments

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Bob32

OK, I'm not sure I understand this tint law... You have to have a sticker in between the tint and the glass? So , Am I suppose to put my tint on at a inspection station? I mean they cant check it until I put the tint on, correct? After I put it on , how they gonna get the sticker between ? Or is this law set up to where shops get more business, even though I am as good if not better than some....I tinted my windows this past weekend.. I bought 35% tint.. I'm not trying to do anything but make my AC work a little better...

The govenor of Mississippi will be signing the bill to change the newly amended law back to its original form on Monday March 28th. This should bring back the lost business due to the 35% net scare throughout the state.

Many thanks to the shop owner from McCombs, MS for his tireless effort to get the law changed back to normal. It was a long process but for once the public prevails.

In regards to that initial statement, im not the owner of that shop but I worked there for 3 years and it was a tireless effort for Victor and all of us here in McComb. In my opinion the tint law still isn't 100% satisfactory there are still some glitches as far as the meter. I dont know if ya'll have the same problem but we argued to have the law lowered to 28% so we could apply a 35% film and the meter would read 28%. Although it was changed some inspection sticker stations are too stubborn to read the meter instructions that there is a 2-3 percent tolerance for every read so sometimes the 35% film would read 26% or 27% and they would not be allowed to get an inspection. The meter is so inaccurate you could meter one spot on the glass and get 25% and move it half and inch over and re-meter it and get 29%. I dont work at Victors any more, but what I do just to be safe I apply a 38% film and im done with it no worries.

I tinted an Altima for the dealer whos customer was military. He was transfered to MS and called me a month or so ago and said that his car would not pass inspection because the tinting metered 26.9%, and the law was 28%. :tantrum He was told he would have to remove the film and if he wanted it tinted, it would require a lighter film than the 35% that I installed. Whats funny is he seemed to hint at that he wanted me to do something for him to compensate for his unfortunate situation, :thumb

I am getting different information on windshield strips. The law says AS1 line and not on top of factory tint, state troopers and inspection stations are useing the dollar bill length test. Any one else run into this?

Archived