2005 Ford Five Hundred

tint_audiopros

Recently had a ford five hundred come back that I did about 8 months ago. Apparently the seal on the driver side window scratched the tint. Not just one scratch, numerous scratches going vertical. I checked all the other windows & not a single scratch! I told him I would get back with him on the matter. Then I recall a month earlier we had a phone call from a guy said another local shop tinted his new ford five hundred that he had just picked up from the dealership and within one week every single roll down window was scratched and the shop told him to take the vehicle to the dealer its something with the seals :lol. Well the guy had finally gotten back to us a week or so later saying that the shop re-funded his money and took the tint off so he brought it up to my shop, I've yet to see him come back, its been a month or so. Anyone heard of these new five hundreds scratching tint ? Looks like were getting ready to stock up on some felt ! :eyebrows Any feedback is appreciated!

quoting myself from another ford five hundred thread here....

the one I'm tinting right now has felt on the lower gaskets and hard plastic on the upper gaskets.  anyone had any issues with these scratching?  I'm gonna felt 'em to make sure I don't,  but I haven't heard of this yet on these cars.  :lol

[*]330268

quoting myself from another ford five hundred thread here....
the one I'm tinting right now has felt on the lower gaskets and hard plastic on the upper gaskets.? anyone had any issues with these scratching?? I'm gonna felt 'em to make sure I don't,? but I haven't heard of this yet on these cars.?  :lol

[*]330268

[*]391462

Good to know. :eyebrows

I'll be feltin fer shur if I see one comin. :eyebrows

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

I haven't had any returns with the 500 so far. Maybe when you tinted the drivers side door you didn't completely pull the seal up. I have had a few cars before that scratched because part of the lower seal was still pushed down and I couldn't see it unless I pulled upper seal back to see it.

Archived