Helping out the new tinters

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
if you're worried about competition or flat out don't wanna help any newbies, then don't post in that thread. 

when we do bash newbies or start shiat with some new tinter breaking laws or hackin shiat up then some other member is going to come along and start a post about how much of azzholes we all are.

can't please everyone all the time dude.  get over it and move on.

[*]393065

I dont post in those threads whenit starts off with I am new to tinting or just did my first car need some help.

just like in real life...you will have givers and you will have takers.  whoever thinks someone can tint from reading a few posts is really pretty insecure IMO.  so what if they get a few tips on how to tint a '94 cavalier...what about the gazillion other cars out there they have never seen or have any idea how to tint :dunno

not insecure at all just realistic is all it is. The same guy who posts those type of threads. is the same guy evryone on here hates because he is doing the $99 tint jobs, and giving the indusrty a bad name.

the bottom line is this though...there ain't a one of us on this board who isn't here to pick up at least a tid bit of information that can make our lives a little easier :thumb

[*]393073

I have trained half the tinters in my town anyways from working with them :thumb and they still cant tint as good as me :shock they can read this message board all they want :beer

[*]393079

How many of them are doing !llegal installs that take money away from your shop, and doing them cheap as dirt. Same concept with the newbs I am talking about.

what do they call? those things? that pepsi, coke and beer come in ?

[*]393057

Aluminum cans :thumb

There Fuggin everywhere. Quit tinting and go recycle them. YOu'll be a millionaire in no time :dunno

[*]393087

so are hacks who your so willing to help out!!!

Now I have no problem helping out someone who actualy has some ambition in life , and actualy wants to do a good job. It is the need help posters who just want you to hold thier hand so that they can get some money in thier pocket a litle easier.

We had a guy on this board who was my direct competition who was a rookie so yes he still sucked. Yet because he showed ambition , and actualy wanted to be a better installer. I posted in his threads when he needed help because he deserved it. These I did two cars and they turned out pretty good guys . Well no they dont deserve it because they are just asking someone who knows how to tint. To hold thier hand for em, and help them make some money.

There is absolutley no difference between those people, and someone who asks If they hang around your shop a few days to learn.

And anyone IMO who helps these guys and or girls out. Realy has no right to complain about low balling hacks, or !llegal installs. It cant be ok for you to help out a low balling h@ck because you think. That he is 1000 miles away from so no threat to you. When he is in fact a threat to not only the entire indusrty, but he may in fact be a threat to you. Because they nevr have a location under thier name. or he may be a threat to one of your friends on this board.

I say we just stop teaching people how to tint period. Then when we are all dead, no one will have to worry about !llegally tinted windows or hacked up jobs, because the industry won't exist. Yeah, that's a good idea. :dunno

Dude, if it wasn't for me being a h@ck wannebe tinter back when I started, I would of never become the installer I am today. You gotta start somewhere.

And no one takes money away from my shop whether they are doing h@ck cheap priced jobs or !llegal jobs....I get what I want, when I want because of they way I operate my business. No newbie or 79 dollar 5% lick and stick h@ck shop will ever take a single dollar away from me.

so , does this mean Im a lowballing h@ck if I happen to get a Job tinting a commercial establishment in your area, even though

I went out and got the job thru my own hard work ?

Look at how many cars go by every day without tint. Do something to get them in the door . Just because your competition

tint , doesnt mean there getting a shot at every job that your doing .

Yeah its pretty tru that most professional forums dont give out this type of hard earned info, but, I guarantee,

ONE DAY,

Tinting will not be done in the same fashion its done today. What happened to Flo-coating ? It was made obsolete by film .

Maybe some smart guy will figure out a way for some flotsam/jetsom concoction that contains a bacteria that could be smeared onto a glass surface to leave behind a tinted window coating that cuts heat and uv . You never know what the future may bring .

Horse and buggies gave way to the car , not much demand for buggies these days

Guest vclimber
Tinting will not be done in the same fashion its done today.? What happened to Flo-coating ?

[*]393125

:thumb There is probably a can of it dried up in someone's closet somewhere. :dunno

so , does this mean Im a lowballing h@ck if I happen to get a Job tinting a commercial establishment in your area, even though

I went out and got the job thru my own hard work ?

Not at all but That is just honest competion

Yeah its pretty tru that most professional forums dont give out this type of hard earned info,

Ask your self why that is

I say we just stop teaching people how to tint period.  Then when we are all dead, no one will have to worry about !llegally tinted windows or hacked up jobs, because the industry won't exist.  Yeah, that's a good idea.  :dunno

I do believe that there are schools people can go to if they seriously want to learn. Or they can try to get a job in a tint shop if they are serous about ieng a tinter

Dude, if it wasn't for me being a h@ck wannebe tinter back when I started, I would of never become the installer I am today.  You gotta start somewhere.

And I am sure you busted your arse to learn what you did right. I am sure you didnt ask to have your hand held the whole way . I am also sure that when you started you said to yourself. I am going to get the hang of this and be damn good at it. Not I am going to make some easy cash tinting windows

And no one takes money away from my shop whether they are doing h@ck cheap priced jobs or !llegal jobs....I get what I want, when I want because of they way I operate my business.  No newbie or 79 dollar 5% lick and stick h@ck shop will ever take a single dollar away from me.

[*]393123

Sure they have every one on this board has lost jobs to h@ck shops. Sure we get some of them back when he do a detint retint, but how many shiat jobs have you seen floating around .

And I will say this again because I think you guys are missing my point. I am not talking about the newbie who is seroius about bieng a tinter. I am talking about that guy who had his car tinted. Watched the tinter do it and said. Oh that is pretty easy I can do my self and make money. Then he comes on here saying he has done three cars , and they ball came out pretty good. Now he wants a professional to teach him some more. Because he got his hands on a hard car and cant do it. This is the guy or girl I dont want to help

Now if someone comes on here and says. I am just getting into tinting I have done a few cars so far, and they didnt turn out to bad, but I want to improve my skills. Then he or she deserves to have the help

I am not worked up at all just replying tp post's

As far as trying to get people to not post on on these threads. as I said in my first post, just keep this is mind next time you post. I am just stating the obvious and letting who ever reads it . Come to thier own conclusion as to what to do.

Isnt this board about the discussion of the window film trade? Not just the installation of the film, but the entire trade as a whole. Because it is such a large subject to cover. You will have alot of different opinions and ideas, and with that a debate from timt to time.

No need to habe any hard feelings!

Archived