camareo back window

Guest benjamin

Guest willie
since you have experience it may not be too hard, but after many they get easy. shrinking wont be your problem, its getting it to stay down.  you can actually put that one down without any shrinking.

[*]398000

:thumb

We had this discussion here awhile back -this one is actually easier for me to do one peice without heat shrinking it on the outside

This one lays easily with a proper squeegee technique

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest darkdan

I just hope it's actually a late 90s. Last monday I thought I had a late 90s coming and it was like a 94. That one was a PITA.

Edit: On the late 90s I soap shrink all the way to about 8" from the bottom. Once I get to the point where the soap won't hold the film down, that's about right. Then throw it on the inside, place it, squeege everything down except the bottom. Then I grab two turbos (one in each hand) and pull down hard and basically "snap" it into place.

I just hope it's actually a late 90s.  Last monday I thought I had a late 90s coming and it was like a 94.  That one was a PITA.

Edit:  On the late 90s I soap shrink all the way to about 8" from the bottom.  Once I get to the point where the soap won't hold the film down, that's about right.  Then throw it on the inside, place it, squeege everything down except the bottom.  Then I grab two turbos (one in each hand) and pull down hard and basically "snap" it into place.

[*]398044

Why even shrink it at all? It does not need shrinking! just a few fingers at the top of the glass, that can be done inside!

The whole trick to that back glass is the squeege technique. all of wich is at the bottom 8"

'

Guest benjamin
Some people used to tint them in 4 pieces- :stop But its really not that difficult! 1 piece with minimal shrinking! Shrink the bubble in the middle and a little on the top! :bingo Helpful to have a helper to lay it in! :DD

[*]397991

I use to install them by myself. :duck I used a small step ladder at the back, walked up and stepped inside that hole in the back with the film all frankenstine :) I haven't had one to do in a while to try the Mdog on it, but use to wet shrink one piece with SG's Titanium, or SG'sSS bronze. Easy one piece.

[*]397994

I just shrink that thing when I get inside. I have a feeling your going to have a tough time though benji. It may be easy for us to do because we understand how film works, but you your going to have trouble I think

[*]397995

yeah, well, imagine how hard it would be if had had only one arm........ so I aint that bad I off I guess, I got the same chance as others to get it on

I did one last thursday....did it wet and shrunk the middle just light heat and lifted andmoved the film a few times...then wett shrunk the top ....I do not tint the dots at the top I vinyl it ....so it has hardly any thing to shrink at the top....the hard part is getting it inside and positioned..I put it on withthe clear liner still on t=and mark the defroster tabs with out cutting them (it will mark the area aroung the tab if you cut into it)...then I take it out and clean and install....probably an extra step but it works for me....I have another on on tuesday to do....the customer loved it too....it is like the 8th car I did for this guy...just look at the md method..oh yeah it is nice to have someone help you get it in and to help to keep the bottom edge on glass as it will want to lift off till you do the edges and you dont want it to get a dry spot under it in that area.......

Guest Ernesto

I had to lay the film one time in a camaro and it was a challenge but nothing impossible. Im not going to bs, it wasn't easy. I knocked down the 2nd row seats and laid them flat so I could lay down on my back and squeege it out like that :bingo and that's how I had to lay the film :DD

Guest benjamin
What film are you using?

[*]397998

Ok, I found out it's a 94 camaro and I'm using J 5% black (5year) tint. I'm doing this today, couldn't get to it on Saturday, but I'm give it the old new tech try!

Archived