camareo back window

Guest benjamin

Guest benjamin
I did one last thursday....did it wet and shrunk the middle just light heat and lifted andmoved the film a few times...then wett shrunk the top ....I do not tint the dots at the top I vinyl it ....so it has hardly any thing to shrink at the top....the hard part is getting it inside and positioned..I put it on withthe clear liner still on t=and mark the defroster tabs with out cutting them (it will mark the area aroung the tab if you cut into it)...then I take it out and clean and install....probably an extra step but it works for me....I have another on on tuesday to do....the customer loved it too....it is like the 8th car I did for this guy...just look at the md method..oh yeah it is nice to have someone help you get it in and to help to keep the bottom edge on glass as it will want to lift off till you do the edges and you dont want it to get a dry spot under it in that area.......

[*]398074

thanks for the help, I was going to try a reverse roll on this, can it be done?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest benjamin
I had to lay the film one time in a camaro and it was a challenge but nothing impossible. Im not going to bs, it wasn't easy. I knocked down the 2nd row seats and laid them flat so I could lay down on my back and squeege it out like that :ohcrap and that's how I had to lay the film :?

[*]398080

I'll keep this point in mind.

Guest benjamin
I'm tinting a late 90's camaro today, how hard is the back glass?

[*]397987

ok, I completed this car, but I had to end up doing the back in two pieces! ugh, not because I couldn't do it in one, but because I didn't have wide enough tint, but it still came out bitching and thanks for the tip on laying it on the inside first to see when I need to cut it for the defrost lines. I used the reverse roll and it worked out pretty good. thanks.

Some people used to tint them in 4 pieces- :beer But its really not that difficult! 1 piece with minimal shrinking! Shrink the bubble in the middle and a little on the top! :beer Helpful to have a helper to lay it in! :beer

[*]397991

I use to install them by myself. :wall I used a small step ladder at the back, walked up and stepped inside that hole in the back with the film all frankenstine :beer I haven't had one to do in a while to try the Mdog on it, but use to wet shrink one piece with SG's Titanium, or SG'sSS bronze. Easy one piece.

[*]397994

I just shrink that thing when I get inside. I have a feeling your going to have a tough time though benji. It may be easy for us to do because we understand how film works, but you your going to have trouble I think

[*]397995

yeah, well, imagine how hard it would be if had had only one arm........ so I aint that bad I off I guess, I got the same chance as others to get it on

[*]398073

So how did it go??

Guest benjamin
Some people used to tint them in 4 pieces- :beer But its really not that difficult! 1 piece with minimal shrinking! Shrink the bubble in the middle and a little on the top! :wall Helpful to have a helper to lay it in! :beer

[*]397991

I use to install them by myself. :beer I used a small step ladder at the back, walked up and stepped inside that hole in the back with the film all frankenstine :beer I haven't had one to do in a while to try the Mdog on it, but use to wet shrink one piece with SG's Titanium, or SG'sSS bronze. Easy one piece.

[*]397994

I just shrink that thing when I get inside. I have a feeling your going to have a tough time though benji. It may be easy for us to do because we understand how film works, but you your going to have trouble I think

[*]397995

yeah, well, imagine how hard it would be if had had only one arm........ so I aint that bad I off I guess, I got the same chance as others to get it on

[*]398073

So how did it go??

[*]399092

It went well, I tried to dry shrink it at first, but it I over shrank it cause I wasn't sure how far out to shrink it. So I used the wet shrink method and it came out good, I cut it short on the edges as recommended and then I did a wet test on the inside of the car to see where I'd have to cut for the defroster lines. The back window came out good with only a few minor things that can't really be seen unless your face is right next to the window. The guy wanted his front windows 35%, so I did just to get in the practice of tinting unframed windows. the window were really curved and I had to shrink down about 5 fingers on each one, the outer edge of the glass where the rubber meets gave me a little trouble, but I was able to get it done. I was using Lu tint for the front windows and I had to get used to the feel of it, but all in all I'd say that it was doen rather well. I'm starting to do it and not think about each step I'm doing. I just do it and thats the point I've been working toward.

Guest Pyromanikk
Some people used to tint them in 4 pieces- :lol2 But its really not that difficult! 1 piece with minimal shrinking! Shrink the bubble in the middle and a little on the top! :spit Helpful to have a helper to lay it in! :spank

[*]397991

I use to install them by myself. :lol2 I used a small step ladder at the back, walked up and stepped inside that hole in the back with the film all frankenstine :finger: I haven't had one to do in a while to try the Mdog on it, but use to wet shrink one piece with SG's Titanium, or SG'sSS bronze. Easy one piece.

[*]397994

[*]397995

[*]398073

So how did it go??

[*]399092

It went well, I tried to dry shrink it at first, but it I over shrank it cause I wasn't sure how far out to shrink it. So I used the wet shrink method and it came out good, I cut it short on the edges as recommended and then I did a wet test on the inside of the car to see where I'd have to cut for the defroster lines. The back window came out good with only a few minor things that can't really be seen unless your face is right next to the window. The guy wanted his front windows 35%, so I did just to get in the practice of tinting unframed windows. the window were really curved and I had to shrink down about 5 fingers on each one, the outer edge of the glass where the rubber meets gave me a little trouble, but I was able to get it done. I was using Lu tint for the front windows and I had to get used to the feel of it, but all in all I'd say that it was doen rather well. I'm starting to do it and not think about each step I'm doing. I just do it and thats the point I've been working toward.

[*]399114

How long have you been tinting?

I've just started myself

Guest willie

[]

How long have you been tinting?

I've just started myself

[*]401199

Funny you just said in another thread you have been at it 4 years now

[*]401211

:finger:

Archived