Madico Advanced Ceramics

Guest vclimber
ya vclimber I see what your saying. But Huper Optik DREI cannot be compared to Huper Optik Ceramic.

DREI is made from different materials so it has different properties. I still think your very knowledgeable when it comes to tints though :spit

Anyone know what Huper Optik DREI is made of? I'll be researching it, feel free to contribute.

Still no Absorption Rates on the Huper Optik Ceramic 30 tint. :nohit:

I'll try to call Huper again next week. :lol6

paranoia is getin to me

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend. :lol

The start of the summer weeks have been busy. :lol

If you want to know more about ceramic and breakage, feel free to PM me. Talking about it publically is causing too much turmoil, I'm tired of it.

DREI is a very complex film from what little I was told it has silver and gold in it. You are right Bob, it is definitely not a ceramic. The performance is impressive although there are R-films that have lower SC's but for a 12% relective film it performs very well, better than the ceramics. :lol2

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Bob30
If you want to know more about ceramic and breakage, feel free to PM me. Talking about it publically is causing too much turmoil, I'm tired of it.

DREI is a very complex film from what little I was told it has silver and gold in it. You are right Bob, it is definitely not a ceramic. The performance is impressive although there are R-films that have lower SC's but for a 12% relective film it performs very well, better than the ceramics. :spit

Silver and Gold?

I know Silver will oxidize. While Ceramic is not supposed to.

If we want something like that v-kool would be a better choice.

http://www.v-kool.com/Pdf/VK70spec.pdf

VLT 73.2%

Reflectance 8%

IR Rejection 94%

Anyone got anything to top that?

Sorry we tired you out man. Grab a :lol6 and :rest

Where you from anyway? :lol2

Don't get me wrong. After reading thru your other posts I think you know what your talking about and have a lot of heart in what you do. :spit

We only want to know the Solar Absorption of Huper Optik Ceramic 30 :lol

Installers don't need to wonder about what they are working with. Knowing as much as possible about all tints especially what you use is responsible tinting. At least pro's should.

Its like say tomorrow Dodge came out with a new truck and only mentioned Horse Power, but not torque. It makes a difference for dealers as well as customers. What the worst part is, these reps come in here concealing their identities to push their :film or trash other tints and don't give us what we need/want to know. :lol

And nobody knows :hmmm

Its all KGB business. Where is :rest ? :nohit:

Guest vclimber
Silver and Gold?

VLT 73.2%

Reflectance 8%

IR Rejection 94%

Thanks Bob. Yes, the ceramic is a more stable film and can be installed in humid and marine environments.

Hey one thing here. Are you sure you know what is indicated by the IR measurement here? Did you know that 94% IR rejection is a very narrow measurement of the NIR which makes up only 53% of the total solar energy from the sun. So an IR measurement like the one above is not giving you the complete picture of the film's total performance, it is simply a rejection percentage in a very narrow parameter.

So if you compare VK 70 to DREI, you want to look at the TSER, SC and the SHGC. Compare those values and see which film performs better. :nohit:

Guest Bob30

Silver and Gold?

VLT 73.2%

Reflectance 8%

IR Rejection 94%

Thanks Bob. Yes, the ceramic is a more stable film and can be installed in humid and marine environments.

Hey one thing here. Are you sure you know what is indicated by the IR measurement here? Did you know that 94% IR rejection is a very narrow measurement of the NIR which makes up only 53% of the total solar energy from the sun. So an IR measurement like the one above is not giving you the complete picture of the film's total performance, it is simply a rejection percentage in a very narrow parameter.

So if you compare VK 70 to DREI, you want to look at the TSER, SC and the SHGC. Compare those values and see which film performs better. :nohit:

Yea you right about that. :lol

But neither of them can be compared to the Ceramic product. Its like a class all by itself.

Thats exactly why we need the solar absorption of the Ceramic 30 tint. :lol6

Guest cactustint

Silver and Gold?

VLT 73.2%

Reflectance 8%

IR Rejection 94%

please tell whole story

93% ir is only one wave of 1720 waves in 53% solar energy

it is not what buyer needs

like you say shgc is

and

drie is very nice film

of silver layer with ceramic layer

Guest Bob30
please tell whole story

93% ir is only one wave of 1720 waves in 53% solar energy

it is not what buyer needs

like you say shgc is

and

drie is very nice film

of silver layer with ceramic layer

The whole story is listed. Click the link I provided. You can see everything provided by the tint company.

silver layer with ceramic layer?

is that true vclimber or anyone else who knows this tint? :)

Guest vclimber
silver layer with ceramic layer?

is that true vclimber or anyone else who knows this tint? :)

:lol

My guess would be "no" because the film is not as thick as the ceramic films.

Guest huperoptikusa

Specs info as tested from Huper,

The products made by Madico are single ply products. These products on paper have a reflectivity of 13% but but as tested in our labs have a reflectivity of about 19%. When we made this single ply products 4 years ago, ironically on the same machine as madico is making them, there numbers were

VLT 33%, VLR 19% and TSER 60%.

When we made the single ply products 2 months ago, they had the same specs as above. We have also tested various samples from across the US to make sure that the construction on thisproduct and its specs are similar all over.

Huper has made the single ply products as well and will be selling these products to dealers 25-30% below what madico is selling the single ply products because they are cheaper and much easier to make. The only difference being, that Huper has 72 inch machines and is making 72 inch material where as the machine Madico bought is a 60 ich machine which I have heard is very difficult if not impossible to convert to 72 (not worth the costs involved if at all possible.

As far as the patent is concerned, Huper's patent lasts for about another 8 years. This patent is for the dual layered products and it is on the lamination of the layers. This lamination process is what decreases the the reflectivity of the single layer from 19% to 11% on the 30 VLT products. I also have reflectivity meters available through our distributors for anyone who would like to have a comparison reflectivity test of both these products, side by side to show the difference. In fact we can test our single ply products to that of the Madico products to also show what some have described as the crispness of the advanced ceramics. What Madico has decided to call Advanced Ceramics, Huper will call its premium reflector line. This is because though the single ply products are a good line they are closer to traditional reflctive lines than the Ceramic lines.

Please feel free to contact any one of our distributors to see the difference between our Patented Ceramic technology and the single ply products, weather ours or someone elses. The Premium Reflector products are available today and have been for about 2 months. The reason we did not commercialize them before was because we thought nobody would buy a premium reflector prodcuts for that much.

The purpose of this reply is to clear the confusion between the technologies and let those who would like to see the difference to believe it, experience it. All of our dealers have access to reflectivity meters that can test any products reflectivity.

Thanks and sorry for the long note.

Harry Rahman

To all needing absorbtion numbers for C30:

First of all, to the people that said I said bad things about the MAdico products, please read the post above again. I say " though the single ply products are a good product, they are closer in specs to dual reflectives". Bob, please refrain from changing information into politics. I think that have better products by each manufacturer actually helps the industry rather than hurts. Now, instead of dealers giving products away, they can actually charge more and provide value for them (bc they are paying more for ther products)which actually helps our whole industry. Thats what I like. I think more manufacturers continue to produce better technologies. I know our next generation of films if they are commercialized, which we are testing now , will take our product lines and the to another level along with the products we already have.

Second the absorbtion number on the C30 is 59%. The solar transmission is 25 and the solar reflectivity is 16. The reason we dont print these number as well as several other numbers, such as luminous efficacy, emmissivity, etc is because these numbers to not mean anything to the end consumer. our literature is designed for the end consumer and we dont want to confuse them. we print benefits not features. all of the specs are available to our dealers if they need them or need to provide them to more technical people, such as architects or engineers. All of our products are warranted on dual pane glass and we have installed millions of square feet of each product since the introduction of the technoogies in 1999.

Thirdy, the drei is made from gold and silver and is another great product that reduces 70% of the TSER and 98% of the IR (through the whole spectrum).

Sorry for the late reply. I do not check this site regularly.

Again, please feel free to email me if I canbe of assistance.

hrahman@huperoptikusa.com

Harry

Archived