Madico Advanced Ceramics

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest VOLTRON

They are not going to tell you what the absorbtion rates are because it will scare dealers away from the film. Although I am pretty damn sure that on dual pane glass HO 30 is over 65% absorbtion possibly up to 70%. And the reason why I think that is because they dont tell anyone. One of my dealers was askin me about some dp windows and if the HO was safe for them (hes an auto guy) I told him yea but he should call HO and ask and they werent very willing to say the % but I know it was in the 60's from what the guy at HO told my dealer, and also that was on singlepane glass aswell. The absorbtion rate is higher on dp.

Another dealer of mine has stopped putting HO 30 on the west exposure because he has had alot of customers complain about the amount of heat radiating off the glass. The glass gets so hot you cant even touch it. How could that be effective in blocking heat when its radiating heat back into the room.

Guest vclimber
How could that be effective in blocking heat when its radiating heat back into the room.

A film's over all efficiency after SA and everything can be determined by the SHGC as it measures Solar energy transmitted and includes the solar radiation directly transmitted as well as that which is absorbed and re-radiated and conducted/convected to the interior.

So if Ceramics 30's SHGC is the same as a traditional film, the no matter how hot the glass gets, the film is performing the same. :gasp

How could that be effective in blocking heat when its radiating heat back into the room.

A film's over all efficiency after SA and everything can be determined by the SHGC as it measures Solar energy transmitted and includes the solar radiation directly transmitted as well as that which is absorbed and re-radiated and conducted/convected to the interior.

:gasp

Guest vclimber

Funny thing is that the ceramic line gets out performed by HO's DREI film. Nobody ever talks about that one... looks nice, low reflectivity, does not absorb as much energy as the ceramics, 12% reflectivity and 70% TSER. :rollin

Guest Bob30

ya vclimber I see what your saying. But Huper Optik DREI cannot be compared to Huper Optik Ceramic.

DREI is made from different materials so it has different properties. I still think your very knowledgeable when it comes to tints though :lol6

Anyone know what Huper Optik DREI is made of? I'll be researching it, feel free to contribute.

Still no Absorption Rates on the Huper Optik Ceramic 30 tint. :lol

I'll try to call Huper again next week. :lol2

paranoia is getin to me

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend. :nohit:

The start of the summer weeks have been busy. :lol

Archived