Madico Advanced Ceramics

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vclimber
1412 VIEWS.. thats sayin something.

Where is Mr. HuperOptikUSA?

I got :nope

:gasp I think you're gonna have to get used to it Bob. At least Harry was straight about who he really is and gave quite a bit of facts about HO's products and the differences between Madico's ceramic. In this competitive industry companies will only release so much information. Can't blame em for that. I really appreciate it when a company representative comes in and tells us who they are and helps us with their products. What I don't like is when they pretend to be who they are not.

When the Madico reps came and stormed the forum acting as dealers, they would not answer questions. When the 3M reps came in pretending to be Prestige dealers, they would not answer questions. :blah These guys think we're idiots or something? Who are they trying to fool? Why? Is that the way a dealer can expect to be treated if they purchase their products?

And at least Dave, whether you loved him or hated him, gave more info about CP's products than all of the others put together. :? Not that it was always asked for but we got it anyways. :lol

The information is appreciated, the games are not. :gasp

Guest tintgod

1412 VIEWS.. thats sayin something.

Where is Mr. HuperOptikUSA?

I got :?

When the Madico reps came and stormed the forum acting as dealers, they would not answer questions. When the 3M reps came in pretending to be Prestige dealers, they would not answer questions. :blah These guys think we're idiots or something? Who are they trying to fool? Why? Is that the way a dealer can expect to be treated if they purchase their products?

now V..you cant go off on Madico and 3M...Sure they didnt come on saying who they were...which is kinda chicken sheit.IMO..but that is another story.

sure...huperoptikusa did give some good info about his film..but not the info that most of us are looking for

madico and 3m represenitives also gave out info..but you wanted proof of some stuff they had stated..and they werent will to give it to you..does that make them any worse then the huper guy..I dont think so

your quote

In this competitive industry companies will only release so much information. Can't blame em for that.
..so dont blame them for not giving you your answers either :gasp

you can expect to have film reps or dealers to come on here and give out info and you ask ?s or ask for proof and deside that they are trying to hide something and another company that does they same thing..and you hold them in high standards. :gasp

Guest cactustint
:gasp Are you tryna rock the boat or what? Solar Absorption is very important.

Have a good one :blah

yes sir I am

now V..you cant go off on Madico and 3M...Sure they didnt come on saying who they were...which is kinda chicken sheit.IMO..but that is another story.

sure...huperoptikusa did give some good info about his film..but not the info that most of us are looking for

madico and 3m represenitives also gave out info..but you wanted proof of some stuff they had stated..and they werent will to give it to you..does that make them any worse then the huper guy..I dont think so

your quote

In this competitive industry companies will only release so much information. Can't blame em for that.
..so dont blame them for not giving you your answers either :gasp

you can expect to have film reps or dealers to come on here and give out info and you ask ?s or ask for proof and deside that they are trying to hide something and another company that does they same thing..and you hold them in high standards. :nope

:?

I been how you say

lurking

and this I find very funny

I see how reps get treeted here

Guest vclimber

The pretended to be dealers promoting their films. They lied, they are reps. What else do you call it? Deception? Why not just say "Hey I'm Joe Rep from XYZ Film Co. We released this great product, you guys ought to take a look. If you have any questions, I'd be happy to help answer them."

No, he didn't give us the information that we asked for. I have asked him face to face before. I also asked Dr. Dai from Southwall. I asked at the HO annual meeting. No responses... I would like to know as bad as anyone here, I think I have tried more boldly than my post with the Madico and 3M reps in this forum.

your quote ..so dont blame them for not giving you your answers either :DD

TG please go re-read the threads. They threw out incorrect information. It is all public, no secret company stuff. I simply looked it up on their company websites and called them on their misleading posts. They did not give me answers because they knew that they were wrong.

you can expect to have film reps or dealers to come on here and give out info and you ask ?s or ask for proof and deside that they are trying to hide something and another company that does they same thing..and you hold them in high standards. :DD

I don't believe HO has made a statement such as "The improvement of SHGC at a more acute angle of incidence raises the Prestige 70 performance higher than the silver stacked films." The 3M rep said that, he threw out the statement and I simply asked him to prove it. He then said "The 90 degree testing is the standard. .period. Nevertheless these Prestige films do increase their shgc when the sun is at a greater angle of incidence by a greater % than the silver films. Let's call it a draw on the performance specifically for heat rejection."

I don't expect them to hand over company secrets at my request, but if the information is public then I believe questions are appropriate. Certainly more so than pretending to be someone who you are not. :DD

Guest 01CLS

If I am on the same page as everyone else, the numbers on the viewer that I have for the HO 30 are as follows:

VLT: 34%

VLR: 10.96%

SC: 0.47

TST: 22.98%

TRR: 14.86%

TSA: 62.16%

UVT: <2.00%

TSER: 61.03%

As I have noticed in the past they have not listed due to the very high absorbtion numbers from HO. I have seen a lot of seal failure and breakage from that family of film.

hope this helps.

Guest vclimber
I have seen a lot of seal failure and breakage from that family of film.

"Based on the testing conducted on these units, window film had no observable effect on the performance of high quality manufactured insulated units."

-IWFA

Seal Failure

Guest tintgod

I have seen a lot of seal failure and breakage from that family of film.

"Based on the testing conducted on these units, window film had no observable effect on the performance of high quality manufactured insulated units."

-IWFA

Seal Failure

this is what they used in the testing...have they any test results with the ceramic film yet?

Commercial units: 1/4" clear glass with a 1/2" airspace. Specified size: 14" x 20".

Primary seal - polyisobutylene

Secondary seal - silicone

Film used: Reflective 20% Aluminum

Residential units: 3/16" clear glass with a 5/8" airspace. Specified size: 14' x 20~. Single seal - Butyl strip

Film used: Neutral 35% sputtered metal

:DD..and 14"x20" pieces of glass arent that big to be testing for seal failure ..IMO

AND the absorption rate on the film that they used (20% reflective aluminum and 35% sputtered metal) am sure are at a lower rate then the ceramic lines out...but I wouldnt know..cuz that like to keep that a seceret... :DD:lol

this is getting fun...just to let you kow V..Im not picking a fight...im just trying to edumacat myself.. :DD

Guest tintgod

oh..and you forgot this quote also

"Although additional testing of much larger samples would be required to accurately examine all variables involved in seal failure, the limited quantitative results available shows no detrimental effects of the use of window films on quality manufactured sealed units."
:DD:DD

Archived