Would you give up your own business to work for a company??

Yeah, the more I think about it the more I'd rather stay with doing my own thing. I'm making money.. which hopefully will continue to increase year after year. If it ever gets to the point that it's not paying the bills, then I'll consider working for a company. (Or the headaches get to be too much)

Thanks everyone for your thoughts.... sometimes it helps to bounce things off of people who have been in the same situation. :smoker

RoAcH

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest filmpeople

From what I have been reading in these forums, I gather there are quite a lot of people who confuse running a business with knowing how to tint. Perhaps before jumping in full force, it would be wiser to take a couple classes in your local college about business administration and/or sales and marketing. Running a business is not just tinting well and being a good person.

Do you have an exit plan for tough times? What would happen if you slipped on ice and broke your arm?

Do you have a business or marketing strategy? Do you sit and wait for the phone to ring all day? Where do you see yourself in business in 5 years? If you don't have answers for these questions, should you really take the plunge?

From what I have been reading in these forums, I gather there are quite a lot of people who confuse running a business with knowing how to tint. Perhaps before jumping in full force, it would be wiser to take a couple classes in your local college about business administration and/or sales and marketing. Running a business is not just tinting well and being a good person.

Do you have an exit plan for tough times? What would happen if you slipped on ice and broke your arm?

Do you have a business or marketing strategy? Do you sit and wait for the phone to ring all day? Where do you see yourself in business in 5 years? If you don't have answers for these questions, should you really take the plunge?

That sounded very depressing, where's the joy of taking the plunge?

Just messing w/ ya, good questions, its a good idea to have a written business plan.

Guest streetsounds

whatever pay is better sub work stinks with no insurance but having a boss sucks too so pretty much what ever is going to make u more money

Archived