N,W,E,S, facing

Guest tint rookie

Guest tint rookie

I had a job this weekend. 600 sq/ft greenhouse converted into a sunroom. so in a situation where the glass is straight above you, with constant exposure. do you tint at night? ladder or scafolding? how do you defeat gravity and reverse roll at the same time? I had better luck with early morning sun. starting the reverse roll, anchoring, letting it tack up, then rolling the rest of the way, after alot of solution though.

I dont forsee another jon like this for a while, but would like another arrow or two in my quiver when I do. any sugestions would be appreciated.

Guest VOLTRON

I did a job in Lousianna that had about 70 skylights and I had another tinter with me and we helped eachother lay the film and then once it was anchored then one of us would start prepping the next window while the other finished the window out. THere was a few that I did by myself and the best way I found was to reverse roll the film and unroll it about half was and then spray it and roll it back up that way when you go to reverse roll it, it comes off easy from the liner and set you an anchor and then finish reverse rolling. It helps to have a strait edge and the top so you can just use that as the place to anchor and it will stay there cause there is no over lap to roll off the frame and fall down.

Guest autotinter

also if the suns out, you can put a tarp or drop sheet on the outside just to keep some of the direct heat out while your installing the film

Guest VOLTRON

yea a drop cloth draped over works pretty well, used that techniq on some skylights I was doing in the atrium of a 3 story building. Scaffolding had to be built and then they had to build a floor for us to stand on and only had a little hatch for access. It really sucked cause it made it like a sauna in there, we would imediatly start sweating as soon as we came out of the hatch and could only do 1 or 2 windows before we had to get down to get some cool air. I got all dizzy and got a head ache so we put some dropcloths and some tarps over the windows on the roof and it helped quiet a bit.

Guest VOLTRON

skylights are the reason I use babyshampoo, doesnt burn when it gets into yer eyes, although hot water dripping off a hot a55 window does burn the eyes.

Guest tint rookie

yeah my back was killin me from all the leanin. 2 people woulda been nice. anchor then finish the roll two thumbs up. I just found it hard to control my vulgarities in the customers home..... :lol6 any tricks for that.

sucks when the sauna sweat stings the eyed more than J&J. I went through soo much aligatorade.

Guest VOLTRON

yea I have to try and hold back the dirty son of a .....'s and the dirty .... sucker's when dealing with situations like that. Also I was doing a retirement home last week and was trying to not cuss out the Madico ceramic film for not reverse rolling worth a feck. It will sit there for a second and then blow out the side.

Its a good looking film but not very user friendly. Guess you just have to get used to it, I remember when huper was a mother freedom to drop but it is also thicker so it makes it easier to drop then the mac film.

Archived