Air Conditioned Shop

Guest scottstinting

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish.....sweat through like 6 shirts a day right now.....and that is without working as fast as I can.

105 with like 85 or higher humidity in Southern IL.....heat index of 115! drinking lots of fluids

Guest Texasrocker

Yep, when I built my shop, I asked the AC guys how many tons of cold air it would take to cool it off fast. They said 4 1/2 will do it. So I said, then put in a 6 ton unit. Didnt cost that much more, and when the overhead door goes up and down changing vehicles, it recovers very fast. I have worked in shops with no AC before, it was miserable. TR

The little bubble I built has been a TREMENDOUS help. I wich I could get something more permanant and insulated :eyebrows plastic doesnt insulate very well :beer it does a good job of trapping in some cool air though.

We just got an AMCOR portable unit at the beginning of summer:

A/C

It's not great, but it makes a difference and it's better than nothing. At 16,000 BTU, It's way undersized for the shop, but we're a tenant and we won't pay to put A/C in place we don't own.

A window unit was out, since we have no windows.

Guest nautiboi73
but we're a tenant and we won't pay to put A/C in place we don't own.

A window unit was out, since we have no windows.

:bingo

no ac for me unless I am inside writing up a invoice.

Guest willie
The little bubble I built has been a TREMENDOUS help. I wich I could get something more permanant and insulated :gasp plastic doesnt insulate very well :shock it does a good job of trapping in some cool air though.

:bingo:gasp

I built me an mdizzle bubble -I think its better than his soap shizzle tip

Archived