Scratched Windows After Tint Job

Guest Goosifer

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When a shop scratchs the glass in a monor such as that it is their responsibility to replace the damaged glass...Theres no way to fix/hide or ignor that sort of thing...On a side note be respectful and polite about the issue it will get you a long way towards resolving this issue...

But as a tinter I can believe, well maybe I can, that they would have returned your car to you in that state. I would have to say I am pretty sure they tinter or who ever cleaned the glass would have saw that...Not bringing that sort of problem to the customers attention is just uncalled for...I know s**t happens but you cant try and hide it...It best to be up front from the start...

BTW sorry you have a bad tinting experience...

I think you are being reasonable, seems like half the people in this town would try and get us to buy them a new car.

On a side note, like they said dealers sub out a lot of stuff, the same with body shops. I do take offence to the cheapest shop possible though, because we are not the cheapest, and it sort of 50/50 on the dealerships here, 1/2 want cheapest, 1/2 want it done right so they don't have to hear from the customer later on, so they pay us a bit more, not to mention we are larger and can have faster turn around, pick the cars up and deliver them, or do them mobile without a weeks lead time. I would just ask your friends, ask your neighbors and ask some collision repair shops, since very few ever do their own glass.

BTW, WTF is a windscreen? hehehe, JK

Update #2 : I went to the shop this morning and spoke with the owner. He investigated the scratches and concluded that his shop is at fault. He says they use stainless steel blades that aren't supposed to scratch when they're cutting the film. He said that he would call around to speak with some glass shops in the area to see if the scratches could be buffed out. Anyone know how this procedure works?

I told him that I'd like to have the windows replaced from the Honda dealer and he agreed to leave that as an option but wants to take a few days to see what other options are available.

Special thanks to everyone here at tintdude.com for giving their opinions and feedback. :blah

B.S. That window was NOT cut with a stainless steel blade, I've cut windows with a dull stainless before, and they don't look that bad, that dude's full of it.....And by the way..I don't care if the guy waits a year, it's obvious the tinter did it, he's still responsible for it.

Guest BLACKOUT SoKal

hey outkast what are you talking about a piece of plastic under the film so you dont scratch? cant even picture that...and holy s**t that is one scratched up backglass. if they hold there OLFA right those things wouldnt happen, stainless steel helps but its the angle of the cut that'll dig in

Guest expertint

I'm glad my shop didn't do that.It's going to cost atleast 1000 to replace both of those windows.If I did that I would offer you say 700 to accept the scratches cause the glass won't break or anything..Do you want new glass or $$$.Either way they did it!!

Archived