My Neon now owns a very expensive tint job...

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tintdawg
I did the doors today and short of a little incident involving peeling the liner, then forgetting and walking off and yelling and throwing things at my employee, it's was a near perfect job. I took it for a spin and boy can I tell you it's fricken awesome. I actually ended up turning off the AC after about 5 minutes on low because I got cold and goosebumbs, which isn't bad in the hot New Mexico sun. I finished the backglass just now, and short of it being a little difficult to shrink, it went without a hitch. I think on a little less curved backglasses it will work awesome, just needs a lot of heat. I'm going to order the UP75 and do my windshield too. I still can't get over how well it works, everyone was amazed when I was tinting the door glasses, you could hold it in front of the sun and it instantly got cool, just like standing in the shade. I hope I can sell one of these jobs, I offered a bonus to whoever can sell one, so we will see what happens, but at 4-5x a normal job, it'll be a hard sell. I will get some pictures up soon, but I'm in love.

If you ever yell at me or throw anything at me again. I drive that neon up your arse!

Just kidding. I'd pick a neon or rabbit over a bmw any day. bmw owner are pricks. Cheap lease makes them gods in there eyes.

I did the doors today and short of a little incident involving peeling the liner, then forgetting and walking off and yelling and throwing things at my employee, it's was a near perfect job. I took it for a spin and boy can I tell you it's fricken awesome. I actually ended up turning off the AC after about 5 minutes on low because I got cold and goosebumbs, which isn't bad in the hot New Mexico sun. I finished the backglass just now, and short of it being a little difficult to shrink, it went without a hitch. I think on a little less curved backglasses it will work awesome, just needs a lot of heat. I'm going to order the UP75 and do my windshield too. I still can't get over how well it works, everyone was amazed when I was tinting the door glasses, you could hold it in front of the sun and it instantly got cool, just like standing in the shade. I hope I can sell one of these jobs, I offered a bonus to whoever can sell one, so we will see what happens, but at 4-5x a normal job, it'll be a hard sell. I will get some pictures up soon, but I'm in love.

If you ever yell at me or throw anything at me again. I drive that neon up your arse!

Just kidding. I'd pick a neon or rabbit over a bmw any day. bmw owner are pricks. Cheap lease makes them gods in there eyes.

No cheap leases, unfortunately, just $1600 worth of car payment, then $200 on the daily so I didn't beat up or rack up the miles and have to keep the BMW's serviced all the time, hahahaa. But yeah, great cars, sh***y owners. If you had to deal with what I have to deal with, you would throw things at your employees too. It's never anything that big, a few sockets, a ratchet, a wet towel, a can of glass cleaner. Keeps me from having nervous breakdowns :bingo

I haven't tried the ultra but I heard it's as thick as cardboard :bingo how was it?

Thick

Hard to shrink on a rather curved backglass like my neon, although possible, takes a lot of time and work. The adhesive isn't terribly aggressive and you have to blue max it like crazy to get the water out. it is soft to cut though, very easy, not like metallized films. The color is pretty, the look is pretty, and the protection is amazing. Back on the shrinking, I actually shrank it with baby powder, then took it off, cleaned up and did it a 2nd time with the soap method. You would really have to try and crease this film, that is a definite bonus, but if you do crease it, time to cry about the $50 you wasted.

Is there any metal in the new SG Ultra? what is the make up of the film? I have yet to get samples of it. :spit

no metal, says "nano-technology", but HO says "nano-ceramic", althoug I asked the sales rep and he said no ceramic on the UP, so who knows.

Archived