good results with dot matrix

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did one today and realized what I'm doing. I use a Blue max as my final. It you look at the dots they are close together in one direction and spread apart the other. I am going across the way they are close. So you press out the water out of the lines they are farther apart. Like I said in the beginning, it depends on the car. But I also heat my glasses before they go as well. That way they are as close to cured and dry as you can get without waiting 3-5 days. They is no water left. I get a good picture in a day or two.

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

a good adhesive should not soften from soaking in the slip solution, if it does, there are some problems. Think about it, anyone ever apply some vinyls with straight alcohol and seen what happens to the adhesive when it softens. On tint, it would affect the clarity BIG TIME. It would make the film look wavy.

Guest F_r_e_a_k

Yeah, ... it's really works :hump I try today with LLumar ATR 05 CH film on two different type of dot matrix (thiner and wider). Both dot matrix after installing film was pitch black :hump I'm very satisfied, becuase I was looking the clean and easier way to do it.

So, thy matty cox :hump

a good adhesive should not soften from soaking in the slip solution, if it does, there are some problems. Think about it, anyone ever apply some vinyls with straight alcohol and seen what happens to the adhesive when it softens. On tint, it would affect the clarity BIG TIME. It would make the film look wavy.

Posted my Cavalier back glass I did Tuesday. It's was taken today. few days and still like I left. Any other car I would not have left the couple of high spots near the top edge

I agree. but basially I'm just giving it time to make sure it's good and wet. I think it has more to do with knocking dots down and using my headliner material covered gold card and using heat on them to dry it quicker. Sometimes pulling it in the sun a while if I'm really busy and going back to it a couple hours later. I just like to call it marinating becausing I lay it on the glass and never get the water out of it at all until the last step.

Yeah, ... it's really works :beer I try today with LLumar ATR 05 CH film on two different type of dot matrix (thiner and wider). Both dot matrix after installing film was pitch black :dunno I'm very satisfied, becuase I was looking the clean and easier way to do it.

So, thy matty cox :lol6

but whats it going to look like in three days or a couple weeks? :beer thats why I heat and sand, too

post-11691-1157921103.jpg

Archived