judge declares boating illegal in all US navigable waters

In a rather bizarre ruling that has marine industry officials worried, Judge Robert G. James of the United States District Court, Western Division of Louisiana, has said that it is criminal trespass for the American boating public to boat, fish, or hunt on the Mississippi River and other navigable waters in the US.

"Even though this action seems like a horrible pre-April fools joke, it is very serious," said Phil Keeter, MRAA president, in a statement. "Because essentially all the waters and waterways of our country are considered navigable in the US law, this ruling declares recreational boating, water skiing, fishing, waterfowl hunting, and fishing tournaments to be illegal and the public subject to jail sentences for recreating with their families."

http://www.ibinews.com/ibinews/newsdesk/20...923ibinews.html

unfrigginreal :shoot1

Guest Tintin' Magician

Dammit man, that is the most assinine thing I have ever seen. My first job was as a commercial fisherman and I pulled crab out of the St. Johns River. That is complete horse hockey!!

Guest Key West

I hope they wanna buy my boat. :fdup That's crap!!! :beer:shoot1 , No one will stand for it. In fact, I'm gonna go to the lake (It's part of the Tennessee river) and moon the next TVA/Coastie I see!!!! :fdup :beer

Archived