Best way to install bg?

Guest Stratusrtrida

Guest Stratusrtrida

Hey guys, after the back glass is shrunk, how do you guys get it installed by yourself? Every time I try I end up messing it up and getting the glue side rubbed on the back deck picking all sorts of lint ruining the tint. I know there is the reverse roll method... but Im confused how to do that..thanks, Nick

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey guys, after the back glass is shrunk, how do you guys get it installed by yourself? Every time I try I end up messing it up and getting the glue side rubbed on the back deck picking all sorts of lint ruining the tint. I know there is the reverse roll method... but Im confused how to do that..thanks, Nick

dont let the sides curl under when you go in for the frankenthrow also try covering the deck with a trash bag or somthing till you get the hang of it :thumb

revers roll. Tight and roll it back on itself if the window is open enough or loose and pull the liner off as it unrolls on the rear deck if the deck it tight or window is not open enough.

Unless it is a small 4 door car back glass, I never frankenstein it in.

I have even began doing the roll on a lot of truck back glasses.

Guest Stratusrtrida

when I try to lay it across my arms it goes all over the place. Ill either hit the roof liner or the back deck...I guess its just something I think im going to need to practice. It just sucks when you FINALLY shrink it right and then you have to do it all over again because you bumped into something...Sucks being a rookie! haha Thanks guys!

Guest haroldshouseoftint

practice pulling it back and cleaning it, good thing to learn then you don't have to redo windows, just clean it out. IMO

:lol but then again what do I know

when I try to lay it across my arms it goes all over the place. Ill either hit the roof liner or the back deck...I guess its just something I think im going to need to practice. It just sucks when you FINALLY shrink it right and then you have to do it all over again because you bumped into something...Sucks being a rookie! haha Thanks guys!

wet the hell out of it. if you have to wet your arms a little. this will help it not slide, it will stick to your arms so you can move it. keep your arms close. move the seats forward. get in position (square to the glass) and slap that bitch in.

Guest tintman AZ

I know this pretty much goes without saying. But you do hold it with the adhesive side facing you as you get in. Holding the bottom edge of course, laying it on the rear deck, then putting it on. (Sorry for going over the obvious.)

Archived