Got my shaving edges clip up on You Tube

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest willie
I just watched the clip-seems to me you could have at least done the whole glass.This process looks awkward and unnecessary! Not tryin to bust on you Stan-I do appreciate the effort. :beer But thats my honest take on it. Then again-what does willie know? :blah

the effort part is what I was applauding :blah

I know everything :blah

I just watched the clip-seems to me you could have at least done the whole glass.This process looks awkward and unnecessary! Not tryin to bust on you Stan-I do appreciate the effort. :lol6 But thats my honest take on it. Then again-what does willie know? :beer

Kool, thanks for the feed back. In the DVD I do tint the whole window then I show cheap ways to practice using scrap film. After that I show some footage from my shop with tinters doing the same thing but different. I show some using dull rusty blades and some using new sharp blades, some heating the glass and some not! I do my best shaving with a rusty blade! With some practice this method leaves the film angled with the bevel at the edge of the window in about 30 seconds. There are so many right ways to do this job that each one of us need to do it the way that works best for them. The clip I posted was just a few minutes of using scrap to practice. Most of the stuff people have said on this tread is discussed in the complete hour DVD. If you would like a copy of the full DVD when it is finished being edited, just PM me a mailing address. :beer

Guest tintman AZ

Actually I learned from it. I went out and tried it, the tint started pulling away from the glass and I thought maybe that's how it creates the gap. Then after another inch or two the cut was crappy so I thought fvck it I'll go back to my old way and just made my cut, and then before bumping it down I thought I'd try pulling the tint back with my fingers. Ta da it worked. Man all these years I could have been doing it like that. So yeah, thanks for the tip

Guest willie
Actually I learned from it. I went out and tried it, the tint started pulling away from the glass and I thought maybe that's how it creates the gap. Then after another inch or two the cut was crappy so I thought fvck it I'll go back to my old way and just made my cut, and then before bumping it down I thought I'd try pulling the tint back with my fingers. Ta da it worked. Man all these years I could have been doing it like that. So yeah, thanks for the tip

glad we could help :lol6

glad we could help :thumb

hey!!!!! I should have put this under tip of the week :jerkit:trustme:lol2:lol2:aint

Archived