Got my shaving edges clip up on You Tube

1st Nice job :nope The video looks good but...

You have to remember that there is ALWAYS more than one way to do things. I got the impression that you feel that Exact-O blade way is the better way and thats kool, I prefer a file (nice emery board $5 one no cheapys) and to heat the window first but thats me

I would think if your trying to teach someone its would be best to show all, or at least most, of the different ways and let them decide for them self which they like best. At least give the impression that your open minded on the subject. anyone that is interested in Shaving edges is going to be reasonably experienced dont you think?

Also I got kind of a 'Bob Ross' vibe. The happy little knife cuts the friendly tint to make pretty shaved edge

Kind of annoying

You handle the film pretty rough.

again your teaching and thats not the best way. you could have panned out, peeled a piece on the flat glass on the wall behind you done most of the talking then (12:00 45 degree angle stuff) then done the close up and less talking (please)

And finally record that in a CLEAN SHOP

writing on the walls looked like a mens room

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest solarspot

This just blows me away. Someone makes a awesome jesture a to post a very informative

video like this one and its nothing but a :nope

OK I agree some things like this is not for everyone but you got to give the guy a thumbs

up for putting it out there.

Guest willie
This just blows me away. Someone makes a awesome jesture a to post a very informative

OK I agree some things like this is not for everyone but you got to give the guy a thumbs

well said Speck

and thanks again Stan :nope

Wow some great responses here. Seems like most people here are life long learners and hopefully pick up something from the shaving clip. Yes we do teach several different ways to edge a window but why post a clip on something everyone already does?. About half the people I teach have never tinted before. Lots of shops send employees that go back and edge a window the way that works best for them. That is the best way to tint ? what works best for YOU! Please don?t think I spent lots of time making the clip, about 30 minutes to edit and convert the file. I am still working on the whole video and would not consider selling my work here on TD! That part of my business I keep totally separate from TD but yes I sell hundreds of DVD?s every month on several aspects of tinting windows. The men?s room look in the school is where students take pride in signing the wall, there are hundreds of thank you notes on the wall and new students can?t wait to sign the wall when they complete the course!

I had promised several members here on TD that I would post this clip and I DID because of the flap over the last thread about filing! If you don?t want to learn new things don?t watch the clip but no need to criticize me for trying to help others. I am a pretty friendly person and probably do talk too much for some of you but to me it is communication. Just trying to help people learn new / different ways to do things! Again for those of you interested in learning how to shave stop by the SunTek booth at SEMA. It?s FREE and fun?????. No I don't work for SunTek :nope:nope:lol:lol:beer:lol

Guest MidcoastMW

:nope

Guest CajunTinter

Good point dude...... I liked the video; and I am going to give that technique a try... I enjoy keeping an open mind and trying anything that may make me a better tinter.... :nope I am also going to make my new guys watch this and have them experiment with it also!!!

Wow some great responses here. Seems like most people here are life long learners and hopefully pick up something from the shaving clip. Yes we do teach several different ways to edge a window but why post a clip on something everyone already does?. About half the people I teach have never tinted before. Lots of shops send employees that go back and edge a window the way that works best for them. That is the best way to tint ? what works best for YOU! Please don?t think I spent lots of time making the clip, about 30 minutes to edit and convert the file. I am still working on the whole video and would not consider selling my work here on TD! That part of my business I keep totally separate from TD but yes I sell hundreds of DVD?s every month on several aspects of tinting windows. The men?s room look in the school is where students take pride in signing the wall, there are hundreds of thank you notes on the wall and new students can?t wait to sign the wall when they complete the course!

I had promised several members here on TD that I would post this clip and I DID because of the flap over the last thread about filing! If you don?t want to learn new things don?t watch the clip but no need to criticize me for trying to help others. I am a pretty friendly person and probably do talk too much for some of you but to me it is communication. Just trying to help people learn new / different ways to do things! Again for those of you interested in learning how to shave stop by the SunTek booth at SEMA. It?s FREE and fun?????. No I don't work for SunTek :nope:lol:beer:nuts:lol:lol

sometimes when having negative comments, you also learn. but I try to ignore negative comments in the end. dont ya think?

some people are just closed minded, dont want to learn or believe anythingn else, I personally consider anything anyone else tells me, or suggests, you never stop learning. its just better to have an open mind cause you never know when well, you might actually use it. :nope

Archived