Got my shaving edges clip up on You Tube

Guest solarspot

You surely don't actually tint for a living, do you??

I bet you hire installers.

way to long and that clip :heh

with that 12 0'clock and 7 o'clock that is for kinder garden.

Anyhow wish you the best with that.

kinda of a cheesy non called for reply isnt it :shock

Flat Rock bust his azz to help the tint community

Good job Flat Rock :heh

:beer Willie

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest CajunTinter

way to long and that clip :lol

:nope Dude, that was out of line & rude.... :nope

BTW: it's kindergarten... NOT kinder garden

way to long and that clip :lol

:nope:lol Have tinted more cars than you have seen and for sure don't hire tinters with your attitude, but good luck to you too. If you want to learn just get past your self and try practicing the clock thing. Customers will pay more for this edge! So do you roll the window down to tint it?

:nope

ok very well, I admire the patience that you have toward teaching , and have alot of patience doing so.

but lets get to the good stuff. how about shaving those tough corners on certain roll ups?

although I think heating the window before filing or shaving would be better, dont ya think? reduce less contamination especially for the newbies.

perhaps I'll make a video filing rollups of different cars. I think personally filing would be more faster at least for me. but no flaming of course, and no DMC :nope:nope

you hit this point on the dot, show off your fancy heat guns doc. In the video world, performance is key.

I learned the 'shave' from Stan's videos and have been using it a lot!

I know I don't have the experience in tint that most of you folks have.. but I can say ... try it! It works just like in the video... no movie magic...

I have seen jobs from other local shops that file and what not.. I have never seen if they take the time to heat the edge first or not.. but I have seen the MASSIVE contamination they leave behind..

Just like in the video.. once you get the right combo.. shaving is EASY, FAST, and most importantly.. PROFITABLE !

and if you don't have anything nice to say...................................well..

Guest MidcoastMW
I learned the 'shave' from Stan's videos and have been using it a lot!

I know I don't have the experience in tint that most of you folks have.. but I can say ... try it! It works just like in the video... no movie magic...

I have seen jobs from other local shops that file and what not.. I have never seen if they take the time to heat the edge first or not.. but I have seen the MASSIVE contamination they leave behind..

Just like in the video.. once you get the right combo.. shaving is EASY, FAST, and most importantly.. PROFITABLE !

and if you don't have anything nice to say...................................well..

Your avatar just made my day. Lol

Filing is great, nothing wrong with it. :nope BTW when shaving or filing I would assume people know to trim their pattern on the top front and back about a 64th inch so there is no overhang to file or shave behind tight rubber seals. I have forgotten this when in a hurry and used a suction cup to move the window out from the frame to finish my edge. An exacto knife is easier to get into a tight spot than some tools though. I think filing is way kool, it helps me close sales. :nope

Archived