1-Peec Beetle

Guest MidcoastMW

Guest MidcoastMW
Don't flame me but I swear I can wet shrink a bug rear window in less that 15 minutes.

Spray the window down roll out the film (40in. roll) so you have about three to four inches of overhang on either side.

Anchor the film down the center from left to right.

At this point you will use the lift and pull technique that I explained years ago even before that guy showed up a Rico's :lol

There should be for or five fingers along the top evenly distributed. Tug on the center finger while lifting it up off the glass about 2-3 inches. This should blend the three fingers together to create one large one. Heat the large finger back and forth until you get to the top of the glass. The film will just lay down and if done correctly the film won't even get hot so you don't take a chance on ghosting.

If you have any questions PM me and I will give you my number and explain it better over the phone.

:wall

That sounds pretty slick!!! I dont know if I have time to go back and try this weekend....I actually have 2 cars to tint!! :lol2 But Im pretty sure its still at my dads shop. ....I just dont know If I want to waste more film on it.... :quote Cuz if you think abt it....even if I nail the 1-peice....I dont get to install and admire. :wall ...in the trash it goes.

ooooor, maybe I could save it as a pre-shrunk Beetle back glass!!! :wall:wall:wall

I have the same problem as midcoast, use mainly suntek hp and now madico onyx.

Some of you suggest only using non-reflective film for this, is that best ?

When anchoring, centre horizontally and dont anchor the sides, leave 3 to 4 inches top and bottom for pulling and start from the centre when shrinking, is that the jist of it.

I have 1 to do today and although I dont like them I am looking forward to trying this, have only done 3 or 4 and have always ended up splicing (dont shout at me)

Bob :thumb

Archived