Computer cut program users

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Tintin' Magician

The plotter is awesome, as long as the internet isn't down.......my exp. has been good with it, plus it works great for graphics and vinyl if you do 'em. If you're a pro, then it probably will get in your way more at first than anything, but if you've only got a few years exp., then it is a very valuable tool.

well I tried Tint tec last feb it was great to use on my 50 Inch plotter but I found the patterns ran a bit big, if your doing a ford that has a mile of black border its fine but on a mercedes or bmrs you have a bout 1/4 inch to play with. you also have to remember you gontta shirnk the back window and lay the film, so its not a one stop solution. your best bet for using is to take a deposit a day or 2 before and cut the film out in advance and you will cut down your work time while the car is there. I picked up about 2 cars per day when I used it, Im gonna try it again this spring

I know this is a very old thread, but just hoping you see this TW. time aside, and film waste a side. Here is the best part about the plotter, much less aggrevation! vent shades who cares, mirror in the way, not anymore, move what drop light, no more tint scraps on the floor to slip on, and so on, and so on. If you have the money to drop on a plotter, get it!

Like Tintdezigns said, it will take some getting used to, but once you have it mastered you will never want to be with out one!

I know this is a very old thread, but just hoping you see this TW. time aside, and film waste a side. Here is the best part about the plotter, much less aggravation! vent shades who cares, mirror in the way, not anymore, move what drop light, no more tint scraps on the floor to slip on, and so on, and so on. If you have the money to drop on a plotter, get it!

Like Tintdezigns said, it will take some getting used to, but once you have it mastered you will never want to be with out one!

vent shades no longer bother me or hold me up , mirrors don't bother me or hold me up, I have a lighting procedure that makes I so I never have interior lighting issues where I ever have to move the light around. Scraps from 1 car take one minute to pick up after myself with.

This is why it's hard to sway me . After talking to my llu llu rep AND tint tek, because I take 2.5 hrs -3hrs a car , the reality is, it only takes me 15 minutes to cut all windows and shrink /cut a back glass for the car. With the plotter it will save me maybe 10 of those minutes since the only thing out of the whole car its helping me with is the cutting ..with the other 5 minutes going towards still placing the back window on and having to shrink it.

The only way I can see it saving me all this time that everyone refers to is by changing my procedure which is a non computer cutting issue ..that's time management and sacrifice on different aspects of the tinting itself be it cleaning/prep/extra squeegeeing , panels,etc :dunno

I can understand how it saves lots of time in 2 situations of 3 :

1. the sole tinter that is already happy enough with his work that they are able to pump out 5+ cars a day during a regular shift of work or

2. a business with 2 or more tinters ..where the volume is high.

I think I'm in the 3rd category..I take my time with the application and have many steps where I would be a 3 car a day person during a regular workday..I see me only saving 1/2 hr a day :lol2

I'm not arguing that so many are happy with it ..and am still open minded to See how the machine can save me personally so much time per car if I like the rest of my procedure the way it is..how can I save more than 10 minutes a car based on my description of time breakdown above with the cutting :thumb:spit

What I have 2 separate issues: I have is see a solo tinter using the patterns but also see the tinter who tints up to my standars of quality but quicker than myself (yes I do believe these tinters are out there..I'm admitidly work fast , but take longer than other tinters :lol )

:lol2 True true ..although I dont work like that all through the year.

I cant judge it because too many of you swear by it so I respect that :spit

I've had an invites to see the program work at its finest, my own fault for not making the journey to check it out :thumb

Question : is there a computer program out there that allows yo to alter it ? in otherwords, If I like the pattern to be cut extra wide for say a Sunfire dr , can I alter that or am I forced with the interputation of peice that the cut designer of the program is happy with :dunno (hopefully that made sense) I like extra on different cars to allow for sloppy window rollups so they don't leave light gaps (toyota matrix for example..bad car for that.)

With FILMDESIGNs-you can add or take away from the pattern as you want it-then save it so it'll stay how you like.Unlike most programs that you have no control.You can also import designs-for instance a bowtie on a chevy glass etc. Just my thoughts...I'm not a rep! :thumb:dunno

Archived