Computer cut program users

Hmmm..so what's your professional opinion..I work alone..as it stands , I can cut a complete 4 dr car out and shrunk back glass in under 20 minutes customized to that car. I have no interest in learning ppf or graphics as I have shops around me that are in this already and refer the tint to me as I refere these services to them(what can I say..it works) Is it worth me getting a computer system based on this way of running a business IYO :bingo

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hmmm..so what's your professional opinion..I work alone..as it stands , I can cut a complete 4 dr car out and shrunk back glass in under 20 minutes customized to that car. I have no interest in learning ppf or graphics as I have shops around me that are in this already and refer the tint to me as I refere these services to them(what can I say..it works) Is it worth me getting a computer system based on this way of running a business IYO :dunno

Im glad I have mine, but if I had to do it again, I would probably wait until spring time, cause a payment in the winter sucks.

if your cutting and shrinking cars in 20 min or less, it will take you a little while to get quick at a plotter, so time saver I would say 3-6 min maybe.

ps it really sucks when you forget to change the pressure and mess up a set of windows.

Tiger-whatcha mean -you change pressure to the shade of tint? My anagraph isnt that sensitive-I set it to one pressure-then as the cuts lighten up due to blade or cutting strip wear-I add a little force. Once its set-I dont have to mess with it for months. I used one blade for over a year! :dunno

LoL, ive forgotten to change the gram pressure on the blade ...mmmm....a few times lol, next thing you know the material is running through the machine like a paper shredder. No biggie.

But anywho, as mentioned earlier, I save the most time when I know the jobs a day or two before instead of just walk-ins, then the prep time is done in advance and u can jump right into the project the next morning.

Tiger-whatcha mean -you change pressure to the shade of tint? My anagraph isnt that sensitive-I set it to one pressure-then as the cuts lighten up due to blade or cutting strip wear-I add a little force. Once its set-I dont have to mess with it for months. I used one blade for over a year! :linedrink

I use a film company that makes some real thin film and some average film and some thick metal film. on my graphtec if I dont change the gram force it will either slice through the film or it might just scratch the surface.

Hey I have been using this site for years just not much of a contributer (I know what a P.O.S.) anyways. I am a single man shop and purchased bekearts computer cut system and a 42" DGI plotter. I never did any vinyl until I bought this. I have had great luck with vehicle graphics and greatly increased my clearshield sales as well. I think that it is a big expense but its worth it. I do use it to cut full car patterns but not usually just two fronts. It takes a little getting used to and take advantage of the free film that your distributor should throw in. I have made tons of vinyl stickers for friends with my logo and got great response with it. I feel it pays for itself with in a year. I have a fulltime job and tinting and clearshield and now vinyl are my real money makers though.

Hey I have been using this site for years just not much of a contributer (I know what a P.O.S.) anyways. I am a single man shop and purchased bekearts computer cut system and a 42" DGI plotter. I never did any vinyl until I bought this. I have had great luck with vehicle graphics and greatly increased my clearshield sales as well. I think that it is a big expense but its worth it. I do use it to cut full car patterns but not usually just two fronts. It takes a little getting used to and take advantage of the free film that your distributor should throw in. I have made tons of vinyl stickers for friends with my logo and got great response with it. I feel it pays for itself with in a year. I have a fulltime job and tinting and clearshield and now vinyl are my real money makers though.

:lol6 we use the same system it's just that we don't get the free film anymore because we switched to LuLu. :beer

Archived