First Car You Tinted???

What was the first car you ever tinted ?

Mine was an 89 Daytona, bought box of film at the parts store, and did it in the driveway, didn't look half bad and got the top of the windows pretty decent.

Only problem was the back window with the hatch open, trying to keep it from falling down till I could get it to stick. didn't know about strips, and somehow got it in one piece.

What are the rest of you remembering about the first one you tinted ?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude, I cant remember exactly that far back, but I believe me and my cousin tinted all of our cars along with a few friends in the same weekend. Mine was a 69 ford f-100, two cutlass supremes, I believe a 78 and 84 model, but same glass. 67 mustang coupe, but we had all of the glass out. All the film was bought from a local tint shop.

I think I still have pics of the old ford f-100, I'll try to find them.

The first thing I ever put window tint on was thie 1970 ford pu that I drove my JR. and Sr. year in highschool.

My dad took it to a pro shop ahd had 35% put on all around :lol2

I didnt like it so I went to walmart and bought some more tint and tinted over the pro job :lol2 I finally got it darker than hell just the way I wanted it :lol2 the layers of tint I put on over the pro job were hacked up and nasty as hell :hmmm

but thats the first thing I ever tinted, I think I was 17. little did I know that 4 years later I would take a job in a shop and learn how properly and still be doing it to this day.almost 18 years :gay :lol

I just had to have dark illegal tint papers back then :hmmm but I am not going to lie....it was because I didnt want people seeing me drink beer while I was out cruzing, most guys wont actually admit that :lol

:lol2 and NO I never got pulled over by the cops :lol2

70-fords.jpg

The first thing I ever put window tint on was thie 1970 ford pu that I drove my JR. and Sr. year in highschool.

My dad took it to a pro shop ahd had 35% put on all around :lol2

I didnt like it so I went to walmart and bought some more tint and tinted over the pro job :lol2 I finally got it darker than hell just the way I wanted it :lol the layers of tint I put on over the pro job were hacked up and nasty as hell :hmmm

but thats the first thing I ever tinted, I think I was 17. little did I know that 4 years later I would take a job in a shop and learn how properly and still be doing it to this day.almost 18 years :gay :lol

I just had to have dark illegal tint papers back then :hmmm but I am not going to lie....it was because I didnt want people seeing me drink beer while I was out cruzing, most guys wont actually admit that :lol

:lol2 and NO I never got pulled over by the cops :lol2

70-fords.jpg

I had mine dark as well for the same reason. The tool box on the back of mine was converted into a tool box/cooler. I took a piece of sheet metal and installed it in the middle of the box and lined it with styro foam board and then installed a peckcock valve in the bottom for drainage. It stayed full of beer, even at school, at 15 years old. It was cool because you could lock it. We had some azhat teachers back then who would check the coolers on the back, so we improvised. They couldn't care less about the 12ga in the back window, but you better not have beer. :lol2

My First Car was a 78 Ford Pinto Wagon Store bought film Came out good. 2nd was my 72 Toyota Corrolla 2 dr Tint Shop Film.. Must of been a Really good Job(I thought it was ok) Shop Hired me. The rest is History...

What was I thinking

Archived