First Car You Tinted???

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's long ago, but if I remember correctly, it was a newer, like 1988, Cavalier. The back glass was in five pieces, it looked fair, but took me about three days... and those two day tinting schools don't help. I suppose the real simple stuff I retained, like how to cut the top edge of a roll-down and stuff, but for the most part it sucked and cost a bunch of money.

I bet it took me two full years before I actually felt comfortable tinting cars, and was getting them done in a reasonable amount of time. Granted, I was only doing about one car per day, due to lack of advertising and interest.

Then, I remember heat shrinking came along, and it was like learning to tint all over again.

Guest haroldshouseoftint

1981 dodge omni my car in high school after that I did a old bug like a 68 or somewhere in there for a buddie, still have the omni sitting at my parents house old purple ugly walmart film :beer:dunno:dunno what went wrong hi quality product there :beer

:lol

Guest Phat_Daddy

My first actual CAR was a 2004 Toyota Matrix. Blue metallic, 35% front doors and 20% rear doors, quarter glasses and rear. Visor strip. Did all trucks before that. Since then I have done over 2000 vehicles and numerous buildings and houses. I will never forget the car that popped my cherry.

Archived