GTO Help

Guest License-2-Drill

Guest License-2-Drill

Hello Everyone,

I am new to tinting but I have done a few cars but I usually stay away from the dot matrix. I am doing tints on a 04 GTO for a friend and all the damn windows have dots around them. I did the passenger side small rear window and it came out like crap and then I did the drivers side small rear window witth the glue trick and it came out much nicer but took forever because the dots go around the entire window...Do you guys usually cover these small matrix dots on the side windows or should I just trim the tint down before them and paint them? Any tips would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!

-Keith

Guest License-2-Drill

street sounds so what do you do about the ones around the quarter windows then? It has been a few days and they look a little better but not perfect they have the silver tint to them...any ideas?

Guest License-2-Drill

Anyone ever trim the tint before the dots and use say a paint marker to fill in the dots? I know it's not cost effective but I'm not doing this to make money just as a project for a good buddy (It's a show car so we want it to look perfect). Thanks for all the input so far guys I appreciate your expert advice.

-K

Anyone ever trim the tint before the dots and use say a paint marker to fill in the dots? I know it's not cost effective but I'm not doing this to make money just as a project for a good buddy (It's a show car so we want it to look perfect). Thanks for all the input so far guys I appreciate your expert advice.

-K

Dude

there was a thread on here awhile back on how to paint those. I am usnure where it was

or how it was done. Maybe TD will know or Tintdesignz I know he was interested in it when it came out.

Good luck :gasp

Archived