moonraker....

Guest civicnos

I will have to disagree with you Civic. If your good at what you do your customers will come back. Eventually this :coffee film your installing will not last long and take away the look from the car. I agree with you on one thing only, yes it is a tough business to be in NY alot of competition, that is why I have been doing alot of what I call freelance work I have shops callin me to come down when they have work for me, works out great for me. Moonraker is best left for the beginner who would like to start a new career and will waste alot of film while learning. I believe I have posted on this subject before. That film will fade in a year , it is not bad to remove when it has been applied for that long, to answer someones post here, only because of the fact that there is hardly any adhesive on the film. I can stay here and post forever on this film but I have better things to do. Like I said before , there is no need to low ball your prices , do a professional job and do it well and I guarantee you they will keep coming back, I can tell you how many customers I have gotten because of these h@ck shops. I should be thanking them rather than putting them down, becuase people learn from there mistakes so when they get there car done at one of these shops , a year later they see the result and take it to a professional to get done.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's ironic this thread came back out of the woodworks ..I just got finish stripping off 2 doors with this stuff..it was applied 8 months ago..the guy got a ticket from the cops(fader film) .

I just stripped it off about 30 minutes ago..to my amazement ..not 1 spot of adhesive left behind ..I just grabbed a corner, peeled it .Done .  :coffee

[*]338013

I had that occur with MMM film back in Florida on a Pathfinder... stripped it all in 10-15 minutes... called customer to come get it and had to tell the story...

No charge... didn't have it in me to take his money for a minor stripping effort...

[*]338100

I have had that happen only a few times

but like you..... I couldnt charge for stripping any that practically fell off the window

:whisper

Archived