offering warranty

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got a coupla used only dealrs, they dont care about warranties, or what film is put on.

They just want it to have tint, and once they sell it, they will never see it again.

That is the only time I use low cost film, why put on high $$ stuff when that cuts into my profit, and no one knows I did the install ?

Guest Tintbds
Everything I do is Lifetime warranty with the exception of commercial jobs they only have 10 year warr, I don't use cheap film because I don't want the headache later on down the road :beer

Tintman237, :beer who pays more the car owner or the commerical jobs? :beer

A commerical job is clearly safer than the car that is mobile, and window touched-up wine-up and down. :beer

Commercial on other hand goes there on glass and that's it.

Sooo. why only 10 years? And car lifetime?

Guest haroldshouseoftint
Tintman237, :beer who pays more the car owner or the commerical jobs? :beer

A commerical job is clearly safer than the car that is mobile, and window touched-up wine-up and down. :beer

Commercial on other hand goes there on glass and that's it.

Sooo. why only 10 years? And car lifetime?

that is the film warranty from the manf. all auto and resedential are lifetime, and commercial application is 10year, all my work is lifetime, I thought all manf. warranties were laid out like that :beer mabye not :lol2

Guest Key West
so basically yyou have to make up for the cost of the job then right, they get what they pay for, it just seems that everyone wants the cheapest tint job, but the best film.

how do you find people react to your pricing for a job. if they say thats alot, what do u say, ... well its a lifetime warranty and I do a good job, or what?

I just tell them "Don't tell me I'm too expensive,..Justa admit you can't afford me and let's move on" :krazy:krazy (too expensive, indeed!!!) All they are telling me at that point is that my work isn't worth shiot.

Consumer: "I'd NEVER pay that much for it!" Translation: "Oh crap, I can't afford it!" :ahole :krazy

Guest Key West
I got a coupla used only dealrs, they dont care about warranties, or what film is put on.

They just want it to have tint, and once they sell it, they will never see it again.

That is the only time I use low cost film, why put on high $$ stuff when that cuts into my profit, and no one knows I did the install ?

I have never understood that mentality. PLEASE enlighten me as to why you would choose to take a sizeable hit on your price ($ 60 or more) while saving a few dollars per car in materials? Cheap film is really only $10 or $20 dollars less per vehicle, yet I see people taking an $80 or more hit on the price. GUYS!! It's the same amount of skill and labor, no matter what you apply!

My price is based on my skill and experience, rather than on the fact I only sell high quality tint.

Tint Shop Owner: My retail price is $---.xx per vehicle. I just did a vehicle for $xx.xx dollars. I shaved $80 off my price, but HEY! I saved $20 in materials!!! :krazy:krazy

Archived