Sale reps.

Since I read the topic on what made me switch brands, several noted the sales rep angle.

So, what do we expect or desire?

I, for starters, would like some interaction, two brands that I current have, I dont even know the reps name, or if I even have a rep.

It seems to me that if you have customers that buy allot of film need attention obviously, but the guys that dont, but are consistant, need more attention, imo. I feel they should pay more attention to try and help you the best they can so that you can buy more film.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ummm....honesty would be nice

maybe at least some fresh promo materials every now and then

having said that I got new banners and lit

from both my film companies for the new shop

I never got squat from my old reps

thats part of why I have new suppliers :beer

I dont need a lot of attention

but presents are nice :beer

Free stuff is nice!!

But, I have had reps in the past, a long, long, time ago, come down and visit during our peak season. Why not now, when its slow, and you can take the time to sit down and go over stuff, and or go along with you to visit your customers, like dealers.

Guest vclimber

Maybe part of the problem is that some are dealing with companies that have huge territories packed with many dealers? :beer

Imagine being a rep over a territory with 200+ dealers. How is that going to get covered by one guy?

Smaller companies with smaller dealerbases may make it so the reps can come a calling more often...

Maybe part of the problem is that some are dealing with companies that have huge territories packed with many dealers? :beer

Imagine being a rep over a territory with 200+ dealers. How is that going to get covered by one guy?

Smaller companies with smaller dealerbases may make it so the reps can come a calling more often...

I understand that I am not thier only customer, and that they are big company and have a business to run.

So with that said, from my past experience, when a big company assigns a rep to cover a territory, and one of the states has only a handful of dealers in that state, it seems easy to me to be able to reach out to those dealers in that area. It seems that some must have its customers on a spread sheet and have lines drawn as to the dollar amount customers spend, as in relation to the amount of time they get from the reps.

Example, a guy I know who runs a stereo shop gets visits from one of his reps once a week like clock work. And most others at least every couple weeks. And were talking major players, not the knock off brands. He too is a small shop but still gets service above and beyond. :beer

The film distributors arent worried about the guy that consitently buys from them-they already have your business. They want the new guy that buys 3 rolls and takes their TRAINING course-he gets the visits and the perks! I wish MY distributor would prove me wrong! :beer

Guest haroldshouseoftint
The film distributors arent worried about the guy that consitently buys from them-they already have your business. They want the new guy that buys 3 rolls and takes their TRAINING course-he gets the visits and the perks! I wish MY distributor would prove me wrong! :beer

I would have to agree with this statement 100% :beer

Archived