Sale reps.

the rep I have used to tint, he actually was the manager of the shop that was owned by one of CP's presidents. let me put it this way. one of the presidents or I think used to be the partner of my old boss. he operated the shops in San Diego. he sold them to work for CP. the SD shops former manager is now my film rep. so he knows how to tint, I already know him, and his boss used to be my boss. good thing they both always liked me and called me down to work in SD if they ran into trouble. so my rep and his boss not only hook me up with mad referrals from large companies in my area, but I get mad hookups on the materials I buy. our film company actually sponsors some vehicles at show like sema and CS. those vehicles get brought to my shop and in their shows they put my vinyls on them. IDK if they give me referrals but it doesnt hurt.

just hope your film rep is cool, hooks you up, and the best reps know how to tint and tint good. so when new techniques or films come out they can actually demo them for you. what good is a rep if you cant call him about problems. if he has no knowledge of tint he wont know what the heck youre talking about. if I have a redo, say foggy tint on a backwindow, he sends me a full new roll. he asks me what film and what size roll. you know what I tell him. limo 60". no sweat he sends it next day. even if it was end of the roll on the back window of a camry. but he tells me hes hooking me up so I dont take advantage. when I have a legitemate claim, he hooks up full rolls.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A film rep should be able to do a number of things for a dealer. They should be able to understand all the different manufactures products and help with specs if needed. This will also give them the ability to help cross match films from one manufature to others. They can also give you market information, like whats going on at your competitors shop. A good rep is thier to help you make more money and of cource help you to buy more film. Does it really matter if your rep can tint, I say no. If a rep is installing film for free, then he is not selling. Each manufatures direct thier sales reps differently, some do it better than others. :dunno

Archived