2007 Mitsubishi Outlander

Guest Mo Evo

Was working at my local Mitsu dealer, when the service manager told me he spoke to a dealer in Florida that had tinted 10 new '07 Outlanders and the film peeled up on all the roll ups. In fact Mitsu sent a bulletin to all their dealers telling them NOT to tint that vehicle because of a new window channel system. Anyone hear of this? Tinted one?

Mo

Guest VaTinterPMan

yeah that sounds like crap screw that, its only 10 out of millions.......... someone gots to be able to do it, just liek someone said u cant put one piece of film on the back glass and look now we can..... :dunno:lol2

Guest Tintim
Was working at my local Mitsu dealer, when the service manager told me he spoke to a dealer in Florida that had tinted 10 new '07 Outlanders and the film peeled up on all the roll ups. In fact Mitsu sent a bulletin to all their dealers telling them NOT to tint that vehicle because of a new window channel system. Anyone hear of this? Tinted one?

Mo

done quite a few of the previous model, I also own one, never had a problem. Can't imagine mitsubishi changing the design that radically - although it has had a face lift. Difference must be that we pull panels and film edge sits about 3cm below channel.

I thing previous poster was on the money when he said that Florida installer needs to get better - or quit :dunno .

:lol2

Guest naughtydog

Update:- I did 2 today. The panels pull very easily, 3 screws and it pops off. The rub rail can be eaily pulled out. It is a plastic one with a double scraper, I did'nt felt it as I was mobile but we will see what happens with that. :thumb

With regard to the problems people have been having I noticed today that on one of the cars, when the window gets to the top the window clucks and jumps outwards, almost as if it is making a better seal, the movement is quite severe, it would cause the film to flick off if you did'nt pull the panels, I know- - I tried it first!!

Pull the panels and possibly felt them I you should be good.

Naughtydog

Archived