Clio rear window shrink!!

Guest shrink king

Tintim - are you using the infra-red heaters just for drying?

I know with metallised films if you get the odd spec you might not see it until it dries out - thats annoying.

What sort of time do you allow to dry a window and how close to the glass?

ND

For shrinking also - especially on very curved screens. Give it a try with the powder method and a long three bar heater, its even quick and works for me. Seen a video of it from Oz few years back. :krazy

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
let me clear this bull**** up once and for all its no about winning or losing I told you I didnt post the vid trying to get credability and I thought that comment might hit a nerve I dont like the pentagon franchise nothing personal to you I have one right near me and I know so much about them cos I always have the boys who work for them coming down to my shop asking for jobs this is how I know so much. they have a dedicated sales guy who is constanly sniffing round all my main dealer accounts trying to poach them and the one near me do charge premiunm prices and get them cos they carry big company branding but I have seen their work and it doesnt justify the money esspecially when they dont touch or do anything about the white lines round the dot matrix. they may turn around lots of cars but at the expensce of the quality of the work!! not saying this is the same as your franchise but this is my opinion as u would say!!! and the answers to your questions vl did have sole rights but dont buy that much as suntek is not that well known in the uk yet!!! if you spend the right money any suntek franchise will sell to you so any warranty claims are valid and can go through me.. think if you read back over your replys it wasnt helpful advice it was patronising!! I am a professional tinta and I know if I put the same two car next to eachother one done by my local pentagon I know which would look better!!! I mdont just try to sell film if u look at my posts in other topics I do offer my advice and opinions so dont brand me with the same iron. im selling a product I use and will help un experienced tintas as it shrinks so well and if you read the comments no one has a bad word to say about suntek appart from their current supplier!! :lol2:lol2

WTF how can you say my advice was not helpful :dunno . My very first post I quoted guest who said nice job etc which I agreed with. Did you not see the big Bingo sign! But like him when I watched the video I saw what I thought was a crease put in the film just to the top the right of middle as you worked on it. You just can't take constructive criticism.

Just so you know IMHO means "in my humble opinion" HTF is that patronising. And anyway its not just about us its about other tinters trying to be professional reading these threads. I don't know it all and I know for sure you don't.

I've seen other videos where they have shown the screen fitted afterward - for me that would be helpful it shows a perfect shrink - no creases and just good job. The reason you feel my advice was patronising is because you think you know it all already "I stick to wot I know". Credibility is the name of the game - otherwise who is gonna buy film off someone selling out of a lock up garage (not u its an example).

Whether you believe it or not I have seen film failures and wet shrink zig zag lines are very visible ask any long term tinter. But you say no, impossible does not happen with suntek - when what you mean is you have not seen it yet.

Thereafter your posts slag Pentagon who have been in the industry for fifteen years and without them you would probably have not found it as easy to start up. Car dealers did not want tint on their cars back then, Pentagon started the ball rolling on a larger scale in UK.

Speak to any of the big names HR Owen, Stratstones, Landrover, Audi etc they would not be using Pentagon for tint on new cars if the work was sub standard. New cars are thouroughly checked by car dealers before handover - do you think someone buying a ?150,000 Ferrari is not going to check every detail on that car? Including the tint job?

But no your work is better then Pentagons . My Guess is for you any tinter who is on your ground is probably the enemy - competition is good it opens up the market. I have competition some of it good, some bad I don't slag off the good guys I just talk about what we can offer the customer - because I have respect for someone who does consistently clean work.

Why would you slate Vinyl Logistics so much - they have sent me some samples in the past and seem like a good company. Currently I don't use them but I think I'll start stocking some just in case a customer requests it? I wonder if I was to e-mail Suntek in the US about this what they would say with regard to your claims about warranty. If they don't give a :thumb about the contract they made with Vinyl Logistics then I would worry about the kind of warranty they give on their film.

In all your attempts to sell film you do realise you've probably pissed of your biggest potential customer with your views on the Pentagon network :lol2

Just my opinion - dude we must agree to disagree :krazy

Tintim - are you using the infra-red heaters just for drying?

I know with metallised films if you get the odd spec you might not see it until it dries out - thats annoying.

What sort of time do you allow to dry a window and how close to the glass?

ND

Sorry ND didn't read your post properly - little distracted. :lol6

Don't really use IR heaters on rear screens to dry them out - tend to try and keep cars overnight to give rear screens time to dry so we can detail the dots. Once explained to customers some want them same day even with the dot issues.

We did look at the big IR lamps used by paint shops but they were cumbersome and expensive - think we will look into it though. :lol6

Guest Diamond Tints

Shrink King, word of advice mate I would watch how you are wording stuff and the mentioning of p,gon as these guys dont mess about with taking people to court over stuff so be really carefull. As I know :shock:lol2:lol2:nc

Archived