Tint Gone Bad, Radio Reception etc. Advice needed

Guest rcorner

I warn all of my customers about the am reception. We actaully tested it with Infinity. Had the am radio going when we placed the film on the back glass. Sure enough, no reception. This particular customer did not care, wanted it anyway!

As for the rest of it, Infintiy shows more imperfections than the average film. I should know I have it on my car and I tinted it myself.

Guest haroldshouseoftint
Infintiy shows more imperfections than the average film. I should know I have it on my car and I tinted it myself.

Sooooooooo what your saying is your tinted windows are not perfect :hmmm they have imprefections :poop:thumb:lol2:hmmm:nope:lol2

Guest FilmBlazer
one other thing is if you paid him for a higher priced film such as a metalized and since there is interferance with the radio then its either dyed or ceramic and the dyed is typically a cheaper film that will fade to purple.

We have no idea what brand or line of film was installed. We cannot automatically assume that the film will turn purple just because a film is dyed. There are numerous metalized films that on the market that will not turn purple.

Bottom line, if you are not satisfied with the installation, return to your dealer and keep the rational outlook that you currently have. Chances are, he will deal with you, or at least explain what your options are at this point. :thumb

Sooooooooo what your saying is your tinted windows are not perfect :? they have imprefections :poop:thumb:lol2:hmmm:nope:lol2

Lets put it this way....if the average Joe looked my car over, they would think it is a perfect tint job. But if a tinter looked it over, I am sure they would see a few flaws :hmmm Hey I am not perfect and do not want to be :hmmm

Guest rcorner

Here is the option he presented:

He will fix the imperfections and re-tint the rear windsheild w/Carbon Dyed Suntek film at no charge to fix the reception problem . If I want all windows to match and want it redone in Carbon dyed, he will charge me another $200 which is what I originally paid. Basically won't charge me for removing the current tint.

The 35% Carbon has a slight greenish hue as oppsed to the metallic which is charcoal and what I have now. A decision I need to make is have a rear windshield mismatched from the front and the radio working or replace everything and pay another $200.

Any thoughts regarding the proposed solution ?

my first question is on your current rear windshield is there a slight blueish tint on the bottom half of the window already. most of the S's have a layer of tint already in the glass since most are laminated. if so go ahead and just have him do it for free because nothing will match all the way around anyway because your sides DON'T have that tint in it. if it doesnt I would argue to have him retint the whole car in a high performance noninterference tint. I wouldnt recomend dyed. pay the difference from the infinity to the ceramic. he should retint the doors to match all for free as well but if you upgrade the tint again you should pay the difference. dont pay more for a lower grade film.

Guest rcorner

My windows are the same all the way around, no special tint in the rear. He is not open to redoing the entire tint and did not take accountability for not informing me of the radio problem. Simply that he will replace the rear portion with another tint but I have to pay again to replace all.

In the Carbon SunTek inferior to the metallic version ?

Guest haroldshouseoftint

I am not a suntek user, but as far as I know the carbon is a non metal color stable film, It is not an inferior product, just different.

I would just have him redo the back glass and not worry about it, what did he say about the felt on the doors?

Guest rcorner

He said that these Sunteks are scratch-proof and not to worry about it.

I am leaning toward what you suggested. Let him do the back glass with Carbon and leave the rest as is. If the mismatch bugs me enough I will pay somelse to redo the the sides w/ carbon and be done with it.

Archived