Why can't someone make the perfect heat gun!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally prefer the $59 home depot bulky traditional industrial looking red guy, or Lowes version which is yellow and black. It's a little heavier, but I don't have over heating problems with them. They usually last me about 2 years if I don't cool them off...longer if I do and don't drop them. All the other ones seem to provide unsufficient heat force.

Ryan

Guest wilcax

I used to use those plastic milwaukees and even some from harbor freight tools. both worked for about 4 mos. now I use a big heavy red one from master appliance. it kinda looks like a turbo, when they are new they suck because it takes it a while to "break it in". after its broken in it warms up quick and shrinks quicker than any other heat gun ive ever used. and its metal so as for dropping it it puts up with the every day beating. :eyebrows

I use the two speed milwaukee....I have two...I tried the double heat gun thing....didnt work for me.....zip tied them together ...just wasnt as easy for me as on gun.....who is a double barrel shrinker?....got any tips on how to control it and is it better for you?

Here's my :eyebrows I've always liked the weight and the shrinking that comes from a milwakee / wagner ..just not the longevity of the gun.

Problem solved yrs ago...here's the secret.

I strapped 2 together to do a dual shrink for the back glass (average back glass takes 3 minutes to shrink) this takes the " wear and tear" out of the gun which causes premature burnout . When you think about it other than the back glass , a gun is only on for a few seconds to either shrink a finger on a side window or to heat up a small crease to be worked out. By cutting down the wear on 1 gun for the back glass , I've gone from replacing a cheap gun every 4-6 months to having them last for YEARS now .

I have the dual gun permanently attached together for back glass only , then a gun for each side of the vehicle. 4 in total.

Not THE way , only A way :rollin

Here's my :eyebrows I've always liked the weight and the shrinking that comes from a milwakee / wagner ..just not the longevity of the gun.

Problem solved yrs ago...here's the secret.

I strapped 2 together to do a dual shrink for the back glass (average back glass takes 3 minutes to shrink) this takes the " wear and tear" out of the gun which causes premature burnout . When you think about it other than the back glass , a gun is only on for a few seconds to either shrink a finger on a side window or to heat up a small crease to be worked out. By cutting down the wear on 1 gun for the back glass , I've gone from replacing a cheap gun every 4-6 months to having them last for YEARS now .

I have the dual gun permanently attached together for back glass only , then a gun for each side of the vehicle. 4 in total.

Not THE way , only A way :rollin

I see your point....I just had a harder time controling where I wanted the film to shape...guess I am saying it was harder to work for me...and I know I have read how it is better cause you are spreading the heat and making it less stressful on the film as you heat it...guess I need some more practice

I'll never convert the tinting word to a dual shrink back glass ..all I can say is that any tinter I've shown how I've got my guns strapped and angled and how I use them are usually impressed by it and converted, but as a rule, if you don't see someone use them..I the idea of switching usually isn't too appealing :eyebrows I believe I have/had a video of me using them somewhere on here..

Guest Sprinter
I use the big red Milwalkee for the longest time, but damn my right arm was twice the size of my left :evilgrin

Then I tried that orange heat gun from 44 tools and it over heats all the damn time! I have tried so many.

It is time for a new one! I am just not sure which one to buy anymore!@!!!!!#@@!@!#@!#@!

again here it is one of the best heat guns you will ever use.

Makita HG 1100

its blue and work great, you will love it :dunno

Guest mhun9180
again here it is one of the best heat guns you will ever use.

Makita HG 1100

its blue and work great, you will love it :dunno

:evilgrin

Makita is the goods.. :beer

Archived