Jump to content

Talk about a scare!


Recommended Posts

We were getting our mower and yard tools out of the storage building cause its that time of the year.Our dog Beau was messing around in the building-next thing I know-My wife says "whats he eating?" I looked and it was a block of rat poison that had been in the corner-it must have been put there at least 2 years ago. It was one of those blue blocks of tomcat rat poison! We freaked out! My wife called the vet. He instructed us to make him swallow 2 Tablespoons of salt and 2 tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide-within seconds..he was throwing up blue chunks! He threw up maybe 6 times before it was clear of the poison! If we hadnt seen it happen we would have never known what happened to my friend! Scared the crap out of both of us! Ever tried to make a pitbull eat salt? It wasnt easy...but it worked! He never showed ANY signs of the poison! Thank GOD! :thumbbeauthefrisbeedogUntitled.jpg

Link to comment
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest BLACKOUT SoKal

good think the vet could help you out...now I know what to give by pup if she swallows something bad...shes always chewing on something

Link to comment

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...