Irritating things customers frequently say

Other day a guy calls and asks about PPF on his Mustang Cobra and his Corvette.

I tell him the price for hood/fender/mirrors. Then the price for bumpers. Then the price for full wraps.

He then replies, "Wow, that's expensive! When I got my Viper done it was only......"

Wait a minute, you have a Vette, a Viper, and a Cobra? I'm rolling in a POS 94 Aspire with 166k miles on it that needs an alignment and living in my dad's basement?

Want to know what's expensive? HAPPY MEALS! A TRIP TO THE ZOO! Heck, to me, A PARKING TICKET!!@!!!!@

:rollin:spit:spit

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest wilcax

customer has an appointment checks in the car and then asks for a better deal. I qouted x amount and you were ok with it untill now. after its in the shop come the questions... is that the best you can do? didnt look like it was hard to do, and it didnt take you that long to do it. so can I get a discount?

a few others

can I get a better deal if I pay cash?

theres tax?

can you do the front doors dark if I pay cash no receipt?

can you tint my glasses???

Guest thatsnappyguy

how much does a roll of tint cost?

hasnt happend lately, but I used to tell them that it cost me about 1/2 of what im charging you to tint your car.

My personal favorite happened with a friend of my buddy who I learned to tint with. The guy wanted his car tinted. Naturally, I was pretty eager to tint it and he said what he wanted done, and I quoted him. He gave me a funny look and said, "that isnt a deal. It can't be that hard." after a bit of talking, he bought the tint from me and tried it himself. It looked soooooo terrible that after a few days, he said he wanted me to re-tint it for the same price I had asked a few days ago. I told him that I would have to charge more to remove the tint. He got flustered and stopped asking me to tint his car. Seriously, I do all my frinds cars, and I do it for pretty inexpensively. Don't tell me I'm not giving a deal. That was funny because I made money to watch him screw his car up.

Other common annoyances:

"How long have you been doing this?"

"are you any good?" <- I get confused because every car I tint is a result of a referral.

"I'm gonna bring you a ton of business!" (I only believe 1 person who says this, because he has, and still does).

After explaining about the whole drying process...

"are those streaks going to disappear?"

sometimes, I'll say, "no, but they should disappear in a couple days."

I live in a rural area with a lot of back, dirt roads. Sometimes I'll ask the person to wash the car up to get the dust/dirt off. The next day they show up with the car covered in dirt (and in one case, flower petals.) :krazy

I did this once, and I'll never do it again..

"can I make payments?" <- for a friend from school. wtf... I got $40 from him and I havent heard back from him. :krazy I even call him occasionally. lol. my bad.

If people ask to make payments now (depending on how well I know them), I'll say, "sure, one payment when you pick the car up."

Archived