great story on tint law

flat rock stan

Very Very accurate article.

I have many buds that are cops and they LOVE window film.They don't care if it's legal or not they pull people for having it when the car seems suspicious to them.All they have to do is perceive it's illegal, and there is no way to disprove the officers perception.If he says he thought it was illegal that's all that matters.Weather the tint was legal or not isn't the point.In my county it still constitutes a good stop.

Right or wrong that's how they do it here in my parts.

Guest Key West
But also most cop cars have illegal tint on them, and it is hipocritical to hand out tickets for illegal tint or get pulled over for it when the cop issuing the ticket has illegal tint.

And for the look like a thug get treated like a thug comment, should everyone driving a benz or beemer get treated like a dr*g lord or a coporate thief. middle easterners are all terrorists, all mexicans are illegal, all country white folks are inbreeders, all blacks are gangsters? Is that the type of society we should live in?

THAT'S Profilin'.....................And THAT'S wrong!!! (R/W) :thumb

Guest rcjello

funny thing is that I am from that town. Well I used to be until I moved to MO. I knew several cops in the town and most of them have illegal tint. 20% is king in cape. everybody goes 20 all around. I remember when this tint ticket spiking happened there in early 2006. 2005 wasn't really bad for that kind of thing. From what I understand from some of the older officers in cape coral is that the young cops do this alot because they are trying to prove themselves, and this behavior goes in cycles. So when the young boys get older they wont care as much and there will be peace for a few years till the new batch of tint busting life saving cops come to town.

Guest Tom Cat

Most LEO's I've talked to really don't care about tint unless it's under 15%. The funny thing is that most of those same officials come in asking for limo over their factory glass (personal vehicles) or limo on their new vette. I do not do limo (all around) for anyone unless it is strictly a show car. One particular guy wanted limo, I explained that we aren't allowed to legally tint that dark and of course he says it's ok cuz hes a cop. He left the shop with 20% and some hurt feelings.... LEO exemption?? I don't care!

Archived