great story on tint law

flat rock stan

Guest Key West
I picked this up from Yahoo and thought it was about time someone wrote it! :thumb

right or wrong?

It's a double edged sword. A law is just that, a LAW! Applicable to everyone. LEO's, Vans, Sport Utilities, etc. When a law is applicable or enforceable on just a select segment of society, then it is not constitutional, and must be stricken. If a LEO can have dark tint, so should we all be able to have it. LEO's are NOT above the law. If a van or SUV can have it, so should a passenger vehicle. The "PRETEXT" of LEO safety as justification for these laws is absurd. Approaching an untinted vehicle at night is just as potentially dagerous as approaching a dark tinted car during the day. How about approaching a house to serve a warrant? Are LEO's in Cali, or PA any safer than those in Ga or Fla, where darker tint is allowed?

As far as stopping someone at night for "dark" tint as probable cause, that is preposterous. I got a ticket for Dark tint on the turnpike. I was doing 65 south, the LEO was (presumably) doing the same north. LEO said he noticed my tint was too dark, ( a collective speed of 130MPH, and across 4 lanes of traffic separated by a 100' wide median, at night!!!) and pulled me over. In court he lost and the citation was dismissed. But I still lost time and money because this LEO was over-zealous.

I could rant on for days about the constitutional issues, but the sad fact is that NOBODY cares enough to do anything about it!! (Sheeple) :beer

It's a double edged sword. A law is just that, a LAW! Applicable to everyone. LEO's, Vans, Sport Utilities, etc. When a law is applicable or enforceable on just a select segment of society, then it is not constitutional, and must be stricken. If a LEO can have dark tint, so should we all be able to have it. LEO's are NOT above the law. If a van or SUV can have it, so should a passenger vehicle. The "PRETEXT" of LEO safety as justification for these laws is absurd. Approaching an untinted vehicle at night is just as potentially dagerous as approaching a dark tinted car during the day. How about approaching a house to serve a warrant? Are LEO's in Cali, or PA any safer than those in Ga or Fla, where darker tint is allowed?

As far as stopping someone at night for "dark" tint as probable cause, that is preposterous. I got a ticket for Dark tint on the turnpike. I was doing 65 south, the LEO was (presumably) doing the same north. LEO said he noticed my tint was too dark, ( a collective speed of 130MPH, and across 4 lanes of traffic separated by a 100' wide median, at night!!!) and pulled me over. In court he lost and the citation was dismissed. But I still lost time and money because this LEO was over-zealous.

I could rant on for days about the constitutional issues, but the sad fact is that NOBODY cares enough to do anything about it!! (Sheeple) :lol6

I hate to see our product used as probable cause. If the cops didn?t use it they would use something else. It?s the system that?s broke Mr. Key West! We started losing our freedom before 9-11, that just speeded up the whole process. Soon Russia or China will have all the freedom we had in the 50?s and we will have all the freedoms those country's had in the50?s???? God help our grand children! All this political talk is just IMO only so please no flames.

Until we as an industry stop installing darker than allowed, this will always be an issue. It has been said many times that the industry could be shut down because of this.

Guest Key West
That late at night you can expect to be pulled over for anything..... :lol2

:lol2

Sad thing when you can "EXPECT" to get pulled over for anything, and just accept that!!! Stan, the erosion of our constitution REALLY started during the Reagan Admin. And rapidly progresses from there. :beer

Guest VOLTRON

But also most cop cars have illegal tint on them, and it is hipocritical to hand out tickets for illegal tint or get pulled over for it when the cop issuing the ticket has illegal tint.

And for the look like a thug get treated like a thug comment, should everyone driving a benz or beemer get treated like a dr*g lord or a coporate thief. middle easterners are all terrorists, all mexicans are illegal, all country white folks are inbreeders, all blacks are gangsters? Is that the type of society we should live in?

Guest haroldshouseoftint
everyone driving a benz or beemer get treated like a dr*g lord or a coporate thief. middle easterners are all terrorists, all mexicans are illegal, all country white folks are inbreeders, all blacks are gangsters?

:beer you mean their not :beer:gasp:beer

J/K man :beer

Archived