MINI COOPER

Guest powertints

Guest powertints

Has anyone done one of these. What a cake walk. Did my first one today, took about 1.5 hours, next one will be done in under an hour. The only thing is the windows drop when you open the doors (like other BMW's), but other than that they are a easy buck!! :lol6

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Sprinter

I tinted one and the glass did'nt drop like you said it never moved, and the guy was so into his car that he put black duct tape for stripes all down the hood and top even on the bumpers. looked stupid and cheap the shampoo was starting to make it lift off I'm sure once he washes it the whole thing will strip the tape off.

speaking of those bmw's where the heck is the fuse for those windows, I have just been pulling the battery terminals off. when I get em cuz I could not find the fuse for the life of me. but when I pull the term off. I have to let the whole system reset it's self. and when I have a customer waiting . they get nervous like I broke the car

I found if you click the snib over with a screwdriver where the mechanism engages the door striker with the door open you fool the door into thinking its closed and the window pops up all the way. This method works on most vehicles where the windows drop slightly to allow the door to close. Just dont forget to flick the handle again as if you were opening the door to return the system to normal.

Guest virgil

Also, on the 2002 models you can keep the door open and press up on the window switch (don't hold, or window will roll down a little so as to prevent the window from hitting the weatherpane) to make window go up all the way. This, at least, works on my S, but as for other models, I am unsure...

Archived