TN tintin'

Guest 20la20

Guest 20la20

I live in TN and want some darker tint on my coupe. all ive ever read online is that its 35% all the way around for cars unlike suvs where its anything on the back windows. but I know a friend who talked to a cop that has 5% on the back windows of his mustang! so what I am wondering is should I go with 5% on the back windows and 20% on the driver and passenger windows or do u think I will get pulled over for that?

thanks

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tintgod

If you had a friend that told you a cop friend of his sold Dr*gs would that make it ok to do it.? :krazy because it is illegal

so why would it be ok to tint your car illegally and think that it is ok to have it done?

do you drive around at night with your sunglass on?...why not?...it is going to be just like doing it if you put 5% on your window....give it a try ...go out one night and try driving with your sunglass's on and you will get and idea on how it will be to drive with 5% tint on your car...I will guarantee you you will not be able to do it and see safely.

Guest Key West
I live in TN and want some darker tint on my coupe. all ive ever read online is that its 35% all the way around for cars unlike suvs where its anything on the back windows. but I know a friend who talked to a cop that has 5% on the back windows of his mustang! so what I am wondering is should I go with 5% on the back windows and 20% on the driver and passenger windows or do u think I will get pulled over for that?

thanks

In Tn, they have written a "Law Enforcement" expemption into the tint laws. And since police officers are presumptively on duty 24/7, thier personal vehicles are also exempt. It's BS, I know, but it's the law. Unless you are a cop, you gotta be legal. Now, MOST cops (at least here in Chatt) won't cite for tint, But it's a crap shoot. Cop got chewed out by his Lt, Didn't get a BJ from wifey, pissed at life in general, and you're gonna get a ticket.

Comparing tint to Dr*gs is asinine, but the PRINCIPLE is the same. Didn't your daddy always ask if your friend jumped off a bridge, would you jump too? Even tho the MAJORITY of cops here wont cite tint as a primary offense, it's not a matter of IF you get a ticket, but a matter of WHEN! I'm strippin' a BUNCH of cars here lately for PRIMO prices! Every one of them wants me to feel sorry for them 'cuz they got busted. NOPE :dunno:dunno Now, round these parts, its gonna cost at least as much to strip it as it does to tint it!! Thats ON TOP of the first time offense fine of $250 to $500. NO SYMPATHY!! WE TOLD YOU AND WARNED YOU!!! :krazy:krazy

In Tn, they have written a "Law Enforcement" expemption into the tint laws. And since police officers are presumptively on duty 24/7, thier personal vehicles are also exempt. It's BS, I know, but it's the law. Unless you are a cop, you gotta be legal. Now, MOST cops (at least here in Chatt) won't cite for tint, But it's a crap shoot. Cop got chewed out by his Lt, Didn't get a BJ from wifey, pissed at life in general, and you're gonna get a ticket.

Comparing tint to Dr*gs is asinine, but the PRINCIPLE is the same. Didn't your daddy always ask if your friend jumped off a bridge, would you jump too? Even tho the MAJORITY of cops here wont cite tint as a primary offense, it's not a matter of IF you get a ticket, but a matter of WHEN! I'm strippin' a BUNCH of cars here lately for PRIMO prices! Every one of them wants me to feel sorry for them 'cuz they got busted. NOPE :blah:blah Now, round these parts, its gonna cost at least as much to strip it as it does to tint it!! Thats ON TOP of the first time offense fine of $250 to $500. NO SYMPATHY!! WE TOLD YOU AND WARNED YOU!!! :poke:beer

Well said Key! :lol2

Guest 20la20

ok so heres the funny thing tho...a guy at our school has 5% all the way around on his truck...plus he's got his front frikin windshield tinted all the way down in 20%!!!! now how freakin illegal is that?!? he has yet to get pulled over too! I am beginning to wonder if tint is really enforced in TN?

Guest 20la20

so what exactly are the tint laws in TN? I looked it up on autowindowtintings.com and it said the law was vague and unclear. ?????????

Guest Key West
ok so heres the funny thing tho...a guy at our school has 5% all the way around on his truck...plus he's got his front frikin windshield tinted all the way down in 20%!!!! now how freakin illegal is that?!? he has yet to get pulled over too! I am beginning to wonder if tint is really enforced in TN?

Dont know WHERE in Tn you are, but here along the Tn/Ga stateline, they went nuts on both sides of the fence when Ga reenacted thier law last year. On both sides they are writing tickets that range from a warning up to $500 for first offense. Good for those who dont mind stripping, 'cuz there aint no more getting your car stripped for $50. Its gonna cost at least as much to strip it as it costs to tint it!!

How long has the guy at yer school had this tint on his car? He might slide for a good while, but again, it's not a matter of IF, but WHEN. Let him run into a cop who didn't get that blow job he wanted from wifey.

OH, and by the way, to answer your question. Sure you can have your tint as dark as you want. Just tell the Judge that I said it was OK!!! :lol6:lol6

Nothing unclear about 32% Net, all the way around. same as Ga. Plus or minus 3% variance. What part of that confuses you? :lol6:lol6

Guest Key West

I smell something wierd here. 1st dude says he read online that Tn was 35% all the way around, and then he's askin what Tn law is 'cuz all he can find online is that it's "vague". :lol6:lol6:lol6 What's up with THAT?

20la20, the "vague" part is whether the percentage is 35% Film, or 35% film and glass. (Net). You sound like you are either trying real hard to talk yourself into something, trying to get us to justify something, or trying to get us to admit something. either way, whats your agenda? If you want it, grow a set of nutz, and go for it. Just please be sure that you post how it went in court! :lol6:lol6

Guest 20la20

thanks...I love how ppl just attack the crap out of u for trying to research something...well im gonna do it cuz I dont think cops round here care...ill keep u posted on how it goes...im goin to the tint place tomorrow...I just read that vague thing online and was wondering what in the world it meant...no reason to get ur panites all in a wad and jump down my throat...

Archived