TN tintin'

Guest 20la20

Guest Key West
so I had my girlfriend talk to her dad who is a cop! he said they don't pull you over for tint unless they have other reasons like speeding or suspicion and even if they do pull you over they usually wont ticket if you have at least 15%. He also said that most cops won't give a ticket for it unless they are just real jerks/butts. So I think ill be fine going 5% in the rear and 15% or 20% on the driver/passenger windows. my windows arent that big any ways lol. I know this reply will prolly make yall mad but this guy is a cop thats been on the force a while. hey guys...I think im jacking my 2003 dodge stratus up and fittin 22s on it....look sweet huh? lol. thanks for all your help. let me know wut u think.

Girlfriends "Dad" is right. MOST cops don't give a flying fuk about tint laws. However, be aware that those "Real jerks/Butts" do exist.

If a cop suspects you of something, checking tint is a legit probable cause for a stop. Believe it or not, around here dark tint is NOT associated with unsavory activity. The most common type of profilin' (and THATS wrong!!) is the ricer crowd. They seem to get the majority of the tickets.

You go ahead, be fly,and "jack yer '03 Stratus up, fit dem 22's on it, blackout dem windas!" (I see you are trying to keep a low profile! :thumb ). It aint gonna make me mad at all. It provides unlimited entertainment when I see you pulled over, standing on the side of the road looking stupid as the cops are disassembling the entire interior of your car!!

You go ahead and take the word of your girlfriend. Hell, get her to defend you in court. We told you what the law states, and what can happen. How its enforced is up to each individual officer.

Bottom line.........Get what you want, you're gonna anyway. Just QUIT TRYING to get us to approve or justify it!!

I can hear it now, " But your Honor, I was on this online forum of professional tinters and the dudes there said I'd be ok" :krazy

You get the award!!

donkey.jpg

Oh, BTW, WHY did you ask "girlfriend" to talk to daddy the cop? Could it be that Daddy the cop intimidates you? If you aint got the NUTZ to confront a cop yourself about whether you should tint legal, I'd pay cash money to be there when you get pulled over!! :poke:poke THAT would be priceless!!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest 20la20

no I got her to call him u jerk b/c she doesnt live with her dad. I dont know him really well. ive only been aruond like 3 times. seriously dude why do u have to be such a jerk?!?

Guest Key West

You are cannon fodder, dude. You asked if 15 or 20% was legal, we said no. You asked if we thought youd be ok with it, we said no. You asked if you should do it anyway. We said no. You kept up with "But a guy at school..., But there is this guy..... But my girlfriend said her dad said...." What part of no its not legal, stay legal messes with you? Do what you want. You asked our opinion, you got it. Done deal. No one here is gonna say its ok to break the law.

Guest haroldshouseoftint
so I talked to another cop. said the same thing. thats 2 cops!

1 Word of advise, don't talk to the cops, go ask a judge :lol2 and see where that will get ya :spit:spit Good luck with your illegal adventure your about to under go

Guest Reflexxions

Ok , let me ask a question . If you go out of town and your away from the local cops and get pulled over what do you think is going to happen ? Even if your still in TN your going to be in for a bumpy ride . Just let one of the State Troopers pull you over because thay dont play that and dont care who said what . Im not trying to be an azz I just know from experience this can and will happen . So you can keep it legal or not but just remember we warned you ! :spit

Archived