1992 Honda Civic 3 Door

Guest CCC-Tinting

Guest CCC-Tinting

Firstly, customer is happy and his car looks much nicer. Secondly, this civic was kind of a pain in my butt! lol The Door rubber was the typical older honda tight fit at the top, but also missing a lot of rubber down sides nearest the b pillar and warped into the glass! :spit Anyways, what do you guys do to deal with the very bottom of the back glass gate part where there are about 8 horizontal lines about 1/32 apart from each other? I heat and press and still seems like it takes too long to complete ...... :spit Thank's guys. :lol2

Guest CCC-Tinting

The very bottom defrosters were $|-|17! I have done these in the past but didn't remember the very bottom being stubborn at all - :dunno

Guest CCC-Tinting
:dunno Yeah - lol.... believe it or not, after I finished I couldn't get the very bootom to look perfect! :dunno lmao! Basically, wouldn't lay down 100% od the very bottom defros there are about 8 gropued togther an kinda makes for a raised area - normally, not a huge deal - I just wondered what YOU guys to get areas like that go seal the first time :hmmm

Guest Schugg

I just tinted my 93 civic hatc, my first time ever tinting a car and I didnt do to bad. I looked at trying to get the door seals/weather stripping out but I chose to just take the whole panel off and remove the window. I had a problem getting the tint to stick to the black lines that go around the bottom of the rear window. they are not defrost lines, they are for appearance only to make the glass to black edging transition smooth. since its my car I find the best thing to do is take everything off and spraypaint the lines flatblack. I didnt do that this time, because I message the back window up anyway. which is what I have a question about, did you heat shrink or do strips on the rear window? along with being my first time tinting a car, it was my first time trying to heat shrink, I ended up getting fingers I could get out in the corners, I kept making it worse so I just creased them down for now...haha ill be retinting it, but here is what im talking about

l_357b33575fc457b5a204bafb10efbc99.jpg

Guest Schugg

I dont really care about paying someone to do something to my car, rather just learn myself. may cost me more now having to redo my back window, but its going to save me alot more money 10 cars down the road. and for me that doesnt take long

Guest tintmanlibby

just trim around the edge's it's an old honda it like the old saying (champan taste on a beer budget) dont get me wrong these car are very important to the customer weather there broke and this is there drive or if it's a custom honda, they need to be explained what's going on with the process you may have to have them watch you do it.I've done a %&$# load of those old honda hatch back's for a local honda custom shop and as long as everything looks clean and uniform they will be happy ps dont spend more than 1 or 2 hours on these cars ,you drive youself batty nit picking ur self if all these idea's fail tell them look though the tint not at it hhahaha

Archived