VW Beetle

Guest b_cole

Guest b_cole

getting ready to do my first beetle (turbo model). I read a few posts about them, any one have any other advice? also which film seem to shrink the best on them I would really like to pull off a 1pcs on it(but probably not)? any help would be great. thanks

Guest BLACKOUT SoKal
:shock no worries if you've already read up on them in here. the turbo models are the easier ones, as for film I've done it in CS which is supposed to be the hardest and I've seen it done at the smea06 in Global film in about 2 minutes. take your pick and hey....have fun with it :shock

Guest b_cole

has any one used glogal gdp on a beetle I used a sample and liked the look and actualy how it shrank but was curious how it worked on a really hard window like the beetle. right now I am using suntek hp and johnson greystone.

Guest Key West
getting ready to do my first beetle (turbo model). I read a few posts about them, any one have any other advice? also which film seem to shrink the best on them I would really like to pull off a 1pcs on it(but probably not)? any help would be great. thanks

B_Cole, I do beetles in one piece no prob......FOR A PREMIUM price!!! A perfectly acceptable job can be done in 2 pieces tho, and unless the custy is willing to pay my price (Almost double), they get 2 pieces. But the back glass is only 1\2 the battle.

I don't know if you know this or not, if so, please disregard, but you can "Roll" the top of the door panel back, remove the gasket, and pull out the felt window track guide from the inside of the frame. Its easy to put back, Kind of a bitch to roll the panel back into place, but that makes life a WHOLE lot easier. Also, beware that when rolling up the window, if it meets any resistance, it will instantly roll back down. Happens alot when the felt guide is removed.

Guest b_cole
B_Cole, I do beetles in one piece no prob......FOR A PREMIUM price!!! A perfectly acceptable job can be done in 2 pieces tho, and unless the custy is willing to pay my price (Almost double), they get 2 pieces. But the back glass is only 1\2 the battle.

I don't know if you know this or not, if so, please disregard, but you can "Roll" the top of the door panel back, remove the gasket, and pull out the felt window track guide from the inside of the frame. Its easy to put back, Kind of a bitch to roll the panel back into place, but that makes life a WHOLE lot easier. Also, beware that when rolling up the window, if it meets any resistance, it will instantly roll back down. Happens alot when the felt guide is removed.

thanks key west I can see how that will help. how much risk is their of breaking the panel by rolling it back?

Guest BLACKOUT SoKal

BE CAREFUL with those panels...they seem like cheap painted plastic and will cut up your fingertips if your removing it by hand....get up a corner and slide along the edge to get it up but thats where it cuts ya. obviously you must know that every window on the car needs to be thermoformed. if you;ve never worked with the qdp from global you may not understand how to work it yet but with practice it can one piece anything. I say for the suntek your using just 2 piece it...or try your luck :krazy

Guest Key West
Also, the rubber around the top and sides of the rolldowns come right out, makes it much easier.

I called them "felt window guides" :krazy Same thing. Sure does make life easier with all that crap out of the way. But GOWII is right. The panel edges will cut the bejeezus out of ya if yer not careful, and they can be a BOITCH to put back. A glazing stick (Bone) comes in handy. There are 2 channels in the inner gasket that you take out. When you put it back, ya gotta make sure that you put the lip of the panel into the 2nd one (closest to the glass) Just roll the top of the panel back and PUSH!!! The glazing stick helps guide it in. I've never (Knock on wood) broken one, and I've man-handled the shiot out of them.

Again, hope this will make it easier!!!

(Better you than me!!!!!!!! :dunno:krazy:krazy:dunno) BWAAAAHHAAHHAA!

I'm tinting one too soon, so I should definitely up the price of tinting it? besides the back glass, how do the other windows form? I always try to remove or pull back the felt window gaskets. stupid rubbers. :lol6.

I think im going to call around a get an idea on a price from the people in my area. I hate doing that though. I feel like a total Jack (you get the idea)...

Archived