so......

Guest 20la20

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Key West
I think Texas is 27% on front roll ups.

ALL of them (tint laws) have a "fudge" factor in them. Usually + or - 3%. To accout for all factors inluding meter accuracy, Film batch VLT variance, etc. Actually, what the statute says and what the testing centers will allow are 2 different values. :yoda Go Figger!! :spit

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/vi/Misc/faq/tint.htm

The actual statute says 25% on front rollups, Testing will allow 20%. How this can be considered a legitimate enforceable law is beyond me. Too ambiguous. But then again, thats Texas for ya! :please

Guest Purplefade

Ok so does this mean that a tint shop can get a fine for tinting a car darker than the legal % in there state? Maybe a stupid question but I am new to this and just looking for the rights and wrongs on this.

Guest willie
www.solargard.com/Assets/PDFs/Technical_Docs/State_Tinting_Laws.pdf

There are a few that are lower than I thought they'd be....

This says Texas is 25%vlt

correctamundo shady -all fronts and 4 door car rears unless considered mpv's :bingo

ALL of them (tint laws) have a "fudge" factor in them. Usually + or - 3%. To accout for all factors inluding meter accuracy, Film batch VLT variance, etc. Actually, what the statute says and what the testing centers will allow are 2 different values. :lol2 Go Figger!! :nope

The actual statute says 25% on front rollups, Testing will allow 20%. How this can be considered a legitimate enforceable law is beyond me. Too ambiguous. But then again, thats Texas for ya! :krazy

Ive had this argument on here a bunch rocket man. The laws and inspection laws in TX are 2 totally different versions as far as vlt'sand legal stickers :nope

Guest Key West
Ok so does this mean that a tint shop can get a fine for tinting a car darker than the legal % in there state? Maybe a stupid question but I am new to this and just looking for the rights and wrongs on this.

I'd say yes, but I haven't read the actual statutes. Thats the prob around here. Everyone is relying on this or that chart. I've got a NOVEL idea!! READ THE STATUTES FOR YOUR STATE!!! Tint laws are kinda like the pot laws. It's a ticket in some states, fo sho jail time in others.

DON'T RELY ON SOMEONE ELSE!! read your states tint statutes! Charts will tell you whats legal, but don't say s**t about what the penalties are, and they don't address the issues of installing illegal tint. The statutes DO.

:bingo how many times have we been over this :lol2:krazy

OBVIOUSLY NOT ENOUGH, Bro!!!

What's your take on it willie, is it 25% like the beckaert chart says?

Or whut??? :nope

ONE more time, just especially for you Shady!! :nope

Straight from the DHP!! Texas Edition!!!

Guest willie
What's your take on it willie, is it 25% like the beckaert chart says?

Or whut??? :bingo

:krazy see post above the one you quoted

tx law 25%vlt

tx inspections 20 %vlt

Archived